Double Standards?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by Kenyu, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Kenyu

Kenyu Regular Member

Don't know if anyone noticed, whether on TV or in the arena, but most times when a player or players wanted to take an unofficial water break, it was mostly rejected by the umpire? I guess this is seen as a tactical move by the players and as playing on their opponents' mind, therfore, upsetting their oppenent's gameplay etc etc. Should any player ignore the umpire's command of continue play without said 'break' they would get a stern but polite warning.
    In that case, I wonder if anyone had noticed what happened when DK/AC played? They seemed to be able to breaks whenever she pleased regardless of what the umpire said/did.
    Am I being sensitive or do the English players get 'special' treatment :D?

Oh and one more thing: What gives DK the right to challenge the umpire's decision and undermine his authority? She's like a sulky little girl when she doesn't get her way!!!!!

Attached Files:

#1 Kenyu, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. DarrenS

DarrenS Regular Member

Company Director
    No I didn't notice any extra 'breaks' as far as I could see. Also Gao Ling argued at least one line call too. Hardly a big deal, not exactly unprecedented is it.

Of course it is a real pleasure for the foreign players going over to china, they never have partisan crowds or dodgy favouritism when they go over there do they? Yeah right!!

3. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    erm.. actually its not a big deal arguing about a line call.. ;p
    kinda usual haha

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yeah, pretty mild complaint compared to a certain Olympic & Asian Games champion, walking out of a tie due to a line call .....

5. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced

I myself sweat a lot. I can see quite a few water drops on the floor after a few points. That's dangerous to the pro players. I guess the umpire should let the players break for using towel if they are too wet. Maybe AC/DK did sweat a lot like me. :)

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Maybe she thinks she is playing in HOMECOURT.. have special advantage. But too bad.. the Umpires are doing a great job! Thats the spirit.