Double hit in the new rules of badminton

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by daddxd, Apr 13, 2008.

1. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    okay, so double hit is NOT legal, only hitting on frame at string at the same time is okay.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Loopy, yes we will play golf in Lucky Town! :D

But I got so tired of my double hits that I have now given up golf. Also I never hit farther than 200 meters (here we use metric) and got out-hit by the young lads most of the time, which is often demoralizing. So instead of getting on the par-5 green in regulation 3 strokes, I would be lucky to make it in 4!

I have less problem with badminton, so I continued. But here again, I got out-smashed by my younger opponents most times! Aiyah! :(

#22 Loh, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  3. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

Then stick to golf, and practice your chipping, pitching and putting to the maximum. Even Gary Player shot 6 over par on Augusta, and he's 72. So you can still teach those young lads how the game should be played ;)

4. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    Alright since were talking about double hits, legal ones and ones that result in a fault i was doing a little searching and i remember there being the slow motion video of the AE open i believe it was. Anyways theres a serve in there and well ive edited the video and cut that scene out so let me know what you think. It is present near the end of the clip and if you watch it appears that the shuttle hits the racquet 2 times but i dont recall there being a fault called during the match itself so therefore a legeal double hit caught by a high speed camera. I uploaded it to imeem cause its not worth it to upload it on youtube.

http://www.imeem.com/people/wGlP25z/video/YVzROvu0/double_hit_sports_video/

5. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Many shots are technically double hits (especially slices), but that doesn't cause them to be faulted.

This law is intended to stop players from playing volleyball-style shots. If you need a high-speed camera to be sure of the double hit, then it certainly isn't within the spirit of the law.

6. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    the rule should be changed to...as long as the bird is traveling in only 1 significant direction after the double hit, its ok..aka, like a slice

7. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    if the double hit rule is enforced, then we wouldn't have slices, be cause it's pretty much a double hit...or results in double hits if mishit =\