Do You Think Higher Tension Helps Prevent Head Torque?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Scrench, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

I've got a racket that I really love, but it's major flaw is lots of head torque, to the point that I have to fudge all my sideline shots to the inside. It's aggravating as hell to say the least, because I can't just aim for a spot and hit it there, I have to adjust for the torque. And that takes just a split second more time to adjust, which you well know that lots of times there are no extra split seconds. And then of course, if I forget to adjust and try to hit it where I really want, or don't have time, there goes the shot out of bounds. I am on the quest for an identical characteristic racket without the torque, but meanwhile, wondering if I can improve the situation with this racket.

I only use 22 lbs. of string tension, and I know that adding a few pounds would give me more control, but would it also help stop the dreaded torque? I'm probably going to try 24-25 pounds next. Do any of you have experience with this situation?

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I don't think it will make any noticeable difference. Best to look for a more stable racket. I've had a racket like that once, at different tensions (23-27lbs) it was similarly unstable.