Do you always leave the original grip intact?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by London_Player, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

My hands are small so i like G5 rackets with ori grip intact. I do have 2 G4 racket which i bought second hand that have the ori grip taken off by the orginal owner, so i use the ticker/softer grip on those 2

2. Xhan_

Xhan_ Regular Member

Hey guys I have a question, what if you want to replace the Karakal PU Supergrip in your racket? Does it damage the bare wood if you remove it since the grip's tape is adhesive.

3. Daniel.A

Daniel.A Regular Member

i rip off the grip and regrip a towel straight onto the wooden handle.

4. Tamagi

Tamagi Regular Member

Sometimes it does. It did to my Carlton. Today, I bought an Arcsaber 10, ripped off the original grip for a Karakal PU Grip. A tiny bit of wood came off :confused:

5. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

I've actually had wood come off when i remove the original base grip off my as10, only few splinters on g3, but I was going to sand it down anyway.
    IMO usually its best to put some layer of tape to protect the wood be it electrical tape, masking tape even sellotape...
    Also I haven't used karakal PU but I always portray the feeling that it sticks like superglue! I had one on my at500 for a long time and the cone paint just flaked when i removed it.
    P.S. It's uncoded now :D