Denmark open on Satellite

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by jamesjay, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jamesjay

jamesjay Regular Member

If anyone has a motorised Satellite Dish and can get Atlanticbird 12.5 West there is a live feed, now showing court 2 mix-doubles.

The transponder details are frequency 11043, Horizontal, 6111 Symbol rate.

Kind regards
    James.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG] So, what channel did you get there?

3. jamesjay

jamesjay Regular Member

Not sure what you mean...I got a channel on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that was called Mediatec Broadcast with commentary from the retired England international Gill Clark on the Saturday and Sunday.

The frequency changed for Sundays Finals to 11152(V) 6110 but was still free to air in other words no encryption, so I was able to watch all the finals.

I hope this answered your question, kind regards.

James.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Thanks for the details. Indeed meant to say which station/network was on that frequency/channel ... so Mediatec Broadcast. I don't know if you receive it but one of the Russian sports channels also shows some from time to time ...

5. jamesjay

jamesjay Regular Member

Hi Demolidor,

I am not sure it you know of it but I use the site below to find feeds for Badminton and on odd occasions I have posted them for others...as long as you have a motorised dish you can usually get the Semi's and Finals of most BWF Super Series events plus some others. I have not heard of the Russian sports channels but would be interested in more details...I am in the UK so it would depend on if I could pickup the satellite with my dish and if the channels were encrypted.

I think the Mediatec Broadcast is the name of the outside broadcast company, these signals are usually quite weak because the outside broadcast company is using a large dish and sending the transmission up to a satellite and then back down to a very large dish for post production...in other words they are up-link feeds and without advertisements because they are
    pre-production.

http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=search

Not sure if this is of interest to you but if not it may be to other members, kind regards.

James.

If you put badminton in the search box it will show you past feeds.

#5 jamesjay, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes I thought as much when I had also looked up the company :cool:. Explains some of the videos that have been posted before with and without commentary and without any tv station indication. Quite liked those without commentary and just game sound [​IMG].

Here is that russian channel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_TV_(Russia) Think the Russian Open is not far away, sure to be some broadcast ...

edit: scratch that, has already been played back in June/July instead of the usual fall period.

#6 demolidor, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010