Denmark Open Draw

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by yannie, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tracyleesy

tracyleesy Regular Member

undergraduate
    Ya, you are right Yannie! From Japan Open to China Open until now Yi Yang world cup...... If those top players still planned to go to Denmark Open...I'm sure they will look like "zombie" when they go to attend Asian games!!

haha.......

Yan! Support ur thread in Badzine! =)

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    hmm...dunno bout that...last yr's danish open CCM/KKK bt JR/LP in the final...maybe lin/fairuz will spring a surprise

3. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

no lindan, taufik or chen jin .... so maybe this time i will support wong choon han ... hihihi ... hopefullfy he can beat peter gade, chen yu then chen hong in the final ....

4. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    But they send Tan Boon Heong to Denmark Open :D :p

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2006/10/29/sports/15857945&sec=sports

Sunday October 29, 2006

Fit-again Choong Hann, Roslin under the microscope in Denmark

PETALING JAYA: Malaysians will be paying special attention to the performances of men singles veterans Wong Choong Hann and Mohd Roslin Hashim when the Denmark Open begins in Aarhus on Wednesday.
    Choong Hann is taking part in his first tournament after five months after his unfortunate injury - a ruptured Archilles tendon - during the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan in May.
    And based on the draw released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF), Choong Hann, who became a proud father on Oct 18 to a baby girl, would be facing three Danish players in early rounds.
    He has been drawn to play Kasper Ipsen in the opening round. It will get tougher in the second as he is tipped to face an aggressive Niels Christian Kaldau in the second round. If he goes through, he will most likely be up against top seed Peter Gade-Christensen of Denmark in the third round.
    As for Roslin, he is bent on proving a point in his second home.
    The Nusa Mahsuri shuttler, who had been playing for the Vendsyssyl Badminton Club since September, will take on England’s Amir Ghaffar in the first round.
    He has a smooth path until the quarter-finals, where he is expected to face China Open champion and second seed Chen Hong of China.
    If he clears the hurdle, he is likely to take on Kenneth Jonassen of Denmark in the semi-finals.
    Besides Choong Hann and Roslin, Malaysia will also be represented by Kuan Beng Hong, K. Yogendran, Sairul Amar Ayob, Pei Wei Chung, Ismail Saman and Lee Tsuen Seng in the Danish tournament.
    In the men’s doubles, Malaysia will be banking on three pairs – World Cup runner-up Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui, who have been seeded second, Tan Boon Heong-Hoon Thien How and Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock.
    The top seeded pair is the Danish combination and two-time All-England champions Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen.
    Both Indonesia and China have decided to field their second stringers for the tournament. Indons will be banking on Hendra A. Gunawan-Joko Riyadi and Rian Sukmawan-Eng Hian while China are experimenting with Zhang Wei-Xu Chen and Shen Ye-He Hanbin.
    :D :D :D :D :D

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

wenjie, erin..

daren and some other sources are 99% sure that tbh/hth and fairuz/lin won't come...

7. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

sources from where ?

8. yannie

yannie Regular Member

mas badminton players la..

9. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Fairuz and Lin are going! :D Ok, we know newspapers usually don't know much. But this time, Rexy says he want Fairuz/Lin to win..so..heheh! :p

MJs are right about TBH/HTH though. They aren't going :crying:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: www.thestar.com.my

Monday October 30, 2006

Badminton: Fairuz-Lin told to win Danish title
    By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: The men’s doubles pair of Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui let slip a good chance to win their first major badminton title at the World Cup in Yi Yang, China, on Saturday.
    And now national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky is looking for a quick redemption from the duo in the Denmark Open, which begins with the qualifying tournament on Tuesday in Aarhus.
    Rexy wants the pair, who he has picked as the replacement for veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah in the squad for the Doha Asian Games, to nail the title.
    At Yi Yang, Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui did well to beat two Asian Games-bound pairs. They beat Indonesians Alven Yulianto-Luluk Hadiyanto in a group match and stunned world champions Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China in the semi-finals.
    But they lacked the fire in the final and went down 19-21, 13-21 to crafty Indonesians Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan.
    Rexy said that Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui had displayed great maturity in their game.
    “Throughout the competition, they showed qualities of champions and I had expected them to win the World Cup. But all that desire to win vanished when they reached the final,” said Rexy.
    “It is a problem with most of the Malaysian players. But I am sure Fairuzizuan and Woon Fui can brush up on these qualities and become champions.”
    In the Denmark Open, Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui, who are ranked ninth in the world, are seeded second behind two-time All-England champions Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen of Denmark. The top pairs from China, South Korea and Indonesia are giving the Open a skip.
    Rexy said that the Denmark Open would be a good platform for Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui to make the breakthrough in winning their first title.
    “I am not being over confident but I want them to go all the way to win the title. They are capable of achieving it,” he said.
    The duo have done well this year, reaching the All-England semi-finals and the Malaysian Open final.
    Their first real test in the Denmark Open will likely be in the quarter-finals where they are expected to meet either Shen Ye-He Hanbin of China or Rian Sukmawan-Eng Hian of Indonesia. Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui have in their half World Championships runners-up Anthony Clark-Robert Blair of England.
    The third seeded Malaysian pair of Tan Boon Heong-Hoon Thein How have pulled out from the competition to enable the former to concentrate on his preparation for the Asiad.
    The other Malaysian pair in the fray, Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock, will take on Singapore’s Hendri Kurniawan Saputra-Hendra Wijaya in the first round.

10. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

vita/yetty ??? new pairs let see about them

11. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i think it's just because they are playing in XD.. so they will try this pair as well... kind a stracht pair or somthing.. but well... will see

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Many players arrived already..
    Anne went to pick up Team China yesterday evening =)
    And watched Malaysia train today, spoke with WCH... etc

I'm going tomorrow evening I think...

For more info during and after DO, visit www.badzine.info

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Jason, I suppose you're not coming then??? :crying: Come here for Copenhagen Masters then... :D

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Looks like CH and Chen Yu got consolidation prize by not playing for Asian Games, they get to play Denmark Open :D

15. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The same can be said for WS JYJ, Lu Lan and Wang Lin.

16. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The scheduling is really sucks. After China Open lack of non China players, Denmark Open also lack of top players due to Asian Games.

The scheduling is too tight. It will be much better if they had 2 events in the same weeks. So players can choose to play which events they like to play. And in the end they will had time to rest.

Than to play like most of the events in a year and did not reach maximum performance.

17. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Indonesia also send MS. (based on the draw)

But again, bad draw, Sonny DK had to play Peter Gade in R16. Really, how bad draw can you get?

Sonny had bad draw in WC had to play BCL in R32 and had to play LCW in JO. Lost again. Now PG. But at least he already won a couple times again PG. Maybe a suprise? Although I am not to optimistic.

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    So, your point is ... that Sonny is not capable to beat BCL, LCW, PG, and Sonny is not capable to win any title? :confused: :cool: :confused:

19. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

not capable i think but the time is not now, he just cure from his injury, and i think he has problem in mentality, i think now the time for peter gade to take the title and also for malaysian double too

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LIlyana Natsir (Butet) has withdrawn from the Denmark Open, as the Asian Games gold is more important! I definitely agree!

So, it seems that Devin/Yunita will face the Chinese young pair of Zhang Wei/Zhao Yunlei. If they can beat this pair, another semi-final appearance beckons!