DANISA DENMARK Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (15-20 October)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

This is a forum where we can share information. I am one of very few Danish posters in these tournament threads. I try to add information about the Danish players when I can. You write something negative about the Danish players and coaches that I know is based on a misunderstanding, because I actually understand what they are saying as well as their tone of speaking; so I make an attempt at explaining it, not just to you, but to everyone reading your post.

Your choice of response is then to try to trigger me.. twice..

No, I am not mad. I am sad.

And I still don't know who you are talking about because you won't tell me. I can take a wild guess that it is VA based on who lasted the longest in this tournament.. ? Otherwise, I really don't know. But Kenneth Jonassen's coaching of VA is the best example of what I wrote in my previous post and really great (non-arguing) coaching. It wasn't for nothing that KJ won a "best coach of the year" award (across all sports) in Denmark in 2017.

2. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representatives in Final

3 - CHN, INA
    2 - JPN
    1 - KOR, TPE

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just watched last part of VA vs CL, CL is such a class act, it was 19-17.

and he didnt celebrate or anything. His postures and everything, i will say he is my favourite MS player. I bought CHN 2016 Olympic jersey (the blue colour) because it just looks cool when he (CL) wears it.

Hope CYF is fine, and yes its irresponsible if she plays in FO. I think she needs to take break until after HKO to be safe.

Hassefar60 and Simeon like this.
  4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Are you watching the Dreamsports-tv site for lifestream? I used to be able to do so with VPN but for some reason I can't. Appreciate if you can advise. Thank You

5. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

Every young chinese MS should learn from CL, his attitude is the best.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I use BadmintonWorldtv youtube. I think its not available in Indonesia so i just subscribed on Cyberghost and use UnitedStates or whatever country VPN.

7. wade

wade Regular Member

I hope herry ip will be there for praveen/melati today, I just like the way he analyze the game and talk about details.

8. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you. Is Cyberghost safe to use? I am in Singapore.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

And how he ask Melati to be like Kevin? (Steen's version of imagination):D

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah safe. i thought in Singapore can view badmintonworld? Dont need VPN right?

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (12.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...C5A9AB-230A-494D-9843-1040F23F2B11&d=20191020

upload_2019-10-20_11-34-51.png

TAI STAYS ON COURSE
    Women singles showdown will look forward to rematch of Singapore Open 2019 final, world number one Tai Tzu Ying has slight advantage to top podium here, this skillful Taiwanese lady should be alert with Okuhara superb retrieving skill, a good strategy needed to push the Japanese moving corner to corner plus excellent placement and disguising shots that Tai TY has expertise if she could minimize unforced errors. Okuhara beat difficult opposition Carolina Marin to secure final ticket, dropping opening game 18-21, the Japanese succeeded to bounce back with patient style and physical endurance, neutralizing Marin attacking style who often rushing to kill shuttlecock that became boomerang for the Spaniard ace, 21-12 / 21-16. Meanwhile second seed Tai took shorter duration on court following Chen Yu Fei twisted her ankle and retired at 14-11 second game.

INDONESIANS BREAKTHROUGH?
    Fourth final duel between Jordan/Oktavianti and Wang YL/Huang DP in 2019, the Indonesians succumbed previously in New Delhi, Sydney and Japan. A moral booster for world number 7 after stunned overwhelwing favorite the mighty Zheng/Huang in quarterfinal to reverse the fortune against China number two pair despite never won in six previous encounters. Jordan/Oktavianti outclass reserved pair Wang CL/Cheng CY, 21-12 / 21-12 while Wang/Huang were troubled by Korean tricky combination Seo SJ/Chae YJ in three games, 21-15 / 15-21 / 21-11, it's playmaker Huang Dong Ping who contributing more than her partner to assure their place in finale.

JAPAN SETBACK
    An unexpected outcome for Japan women's doubles solid squad as both world's top two pairs fail to enter last round, the most shocking exit is reigning World Champions Matsumoto/Nagahara surprised by Korean low-ranked duo, Jung KE/Baek HN. Senior-junior mixing formula as the vast experienced Jung Kyung Eun paired up with teenager Baek Ha Na, 2017 world junior champion (with Lee Yu Rim) look promising so far, playing seven tournamnets prior to DEN Open, bagged one Super 100 title in Hyderabad. Another disappointment for Japan camp is last year champion Fukushima/Hirota couldn't defend their title, halted by Chen QC/Jia YF, the Chinese stole the momentum at end of deciding game in marathon match, 18-21 / 21-17 / 21-18. In post-match interview, the left-hander Jia YF stated her partner Chen QC has been sick, nursing the flu as reported in BWF news.

MINIONS-DADDIES SAGA
    All Indonesian finals as expected describing Indonesian hegemony in their traditional men's doubles category, an ideal final based on world ranking and seeding position but it's big concern to look clear picture where Gideon/Sukamuljo are absolutely the favorite to topple their illustrious seniors as Ahsan/Setiawan always swallowing defeat in last eight meetings, four final in this year including last meeting in Changzhou last month. The Daddies pratically can't balance younger compatriots speed and power but the vast experienced pair have excellent deft touch in netplay also upredictable placement that troubling their opponents repeatedly. The Minions destroy TPE combination Lu CY/Yang PH, 21-16 / 21-11 whilst the Daddies need hard efforts to vanquish Japan elite pair Kamura/Sonoda, 21-19 / 19-21 / 21-15.

TITANIC DUEL
    Save the best for last as badminton enthusiasts will witness two high calibre men's singles player facing each other, current king and two-time World Champion Kento Momota against reigning Olympic Champion Chen Long. Title-holder Momota vanquished Tommy Sugiarto despite the seasoned campigner Indonesian delivered tough resistance to balance his more fancied rival with hard smash and nice tactical playin second game but still the world number one has forte to prevail at crucial moment. China leading man Chen who going ups and downs and considered had passed his peak performance proved himself last night to present a heartbreak for home fans, edging out Viktor Axelsen, 12-21 / 21-14 / 21-19. It's Axelsen who couldn't maintain his momentum when leading 18-14 in third game as Chen staying composed and calmly to catching up and succeeded to book final berth. It's almost exactly one year that Chen didn't pocketing any triumphant in BWF top-tier tournaments since French Open, end October 2018. A projected long duration final at stake, one step closer for Chen to end title drought and stop Momota winning streak, will he do it?

lodoss, Mario21, Cheung and 4 others like this.
  12. antssantss

Retired
    No I can't even with VPN. Used to be able to watch Dreamsports live but now I can't. Checked with my VPN but no reply yet. Thank you v much for your response. Maybe due to adblocks or something like that. Cant even watch the previous days matches. Thanks again

13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Always use turbo vpn app. Here in India whenever I need to watch bwf official streaming, I use this app and switch to Singapore proxy.

14. antssantss

Retired
    Thanks v much. I use Express vpn. Not happy currently

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

2012, Tan Kim Her said AhsanHendra wont go far. lol end up AhsanHendra going the furthest and has been a thorn to Japanese team even in 2019.

He thought Hendra is finished in 2012, perhaps. in fact, all that new pairs post 2012OG is already gone with his top pair and the Korea pairs that he listed..

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Can't wait for KM vs CL ...Hope to be clash of titans

17. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

Any one betting on Ahsan Hendra to beat Minions? And CL beating Momota?
    Would love to see what NO can bring to the table against Tty.

18. wade

wade Regular Member

I remember when he said that ko/lee was more promising than ahsan/hendra :rolleyes:

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said. I share your sentiment. You know, when certain fans started casting doubt on the VA - AA match, I immediately knew what they are up to. It's like the pot calling the kettle black or more like other people's seemingly suspicious but unproven faults are fair game but not they own, forgetting that it wasn't too long ago when KM played a short and one-sided match with his compatriot (Kenta N) and none of them so much as murmured. Sigh.

Hassefar60 likes this.
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's clear that WS is still a fairly open field, the top few are all beatable. In MS, Momota is more or less the clear favourite though not by much.

In MD, the two INA pairs, the Minions and granddaddies, Hendra/Ahsan, are one-two in the race and establishing dominance.

For WD, the JPN dominance is temporarily stopped, mostly by the KOR.

The CHN dominance in XD has shown some signs of being challenged occasionally, not unbreakable but still quite hard as one pair fails, the other steps in to finish the job, as has been the case so far.

However, as we are in the thick of the OG QF period, I believe the scene may change in ways we don't expect as we near the deadline for Olympic qualifications.

Biglever likes this.