Danisa DENMARK Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (16-21 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin looks sleepy

2. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    what a backhand

3. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

almost all the japanese point won by attacking kevin

4. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    well that's it guys, time to sleep. Sadly i'm working on the weekend tomorrow:(

5. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Great and easy match won by minions was worth waking up at the crack of dawn to watch. :p

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  6. wade

wade Regular Member

gideon has been on unreal form lately, dangerous from either back court or front court. hope to see a great match tomorrow against ahsan/hendra.

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Good night and have a nice weekend :)

So I guess all INA MD Semifinal tomorrow.
    Nice to finally see a few successful spin shot returns by Kevin. Though I have lost count of the failed attempts :p
    Wouldn't hurt to do it the easy and normal way, but not for him apparently.
    Marcus's front court play has been superb for the past few days, hope he keeps that.

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  8. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    really good doubles matches for semifinals i'm most looking forward to:
    INA men's doubles
    fukushima/hirota and polii/rahayu for women's doubles
    huang/zheng and ahmad/natsir, and dechapol/sapsiree in mixed doubles

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

It is so exciting to finally see the Thai pair are back to the Saturday rooster in top tourneys

Michael V and samkool like this.
  10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    yes it has been encouraging/inspiring to see sapsiree bounce back from her injury

Michael V likes this.
  11. minions

minions Regular Member

Wow, INA sends 5 reps to SF out of 6 reps in QF. One loss is due to all INA WD match. Congrats to all INA players. Being optimistic is good.

To Indonesians, raise your hand if you expect or hope for this outcome.

Now, I want to know what he has to say after a certain people here thought that I am too optimistic.

Amlite likes this.
  12. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

meh so lucky.... some of the matches could go either way....

anyhoo it's quite funny.... predicted 8/11 max 9/11 and got 6/11...... then predicted 3/6 but got 5/6....

hmmm let's see for semifinal...hmmm on paper only 1 will go to final..... i'll stick to that i guess... 1 to go to final - 2 if lucky

13. minions

minions Regular Member

eh, lucky? yeah, i admit that INA has a good day. But, I will rejoice it anyway. Not gonna happen in every tourney. This is rare achievement.

Yeah, you are right. But, instead of one will go to final, it is one is surely go to final as there are one all INA MD match. The rest can go either way. Greysia/Apriani and Owi/Butet will have their revenge match. For Gregoria, I want her to succeed. If she goes to final, she will most likely face TTY. It will be such a huge learning experience for Gregoria if she meets TTY. But, I will enjoy the match first.

14. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Well, objectively none of the Ina players were underdog so they are expected to go through. I think there is not enough credit given to Owi/butet and hendra/Ahsan.
    Yes they are old pair and maybe not at their peak, but certainly still able to match most players below their rank.
    The semi final is a different story, MD certainly will be in final. The rest are underdog. I give owi/butet 20 percent, Greysia/Apri maybe 40? Gregoria is a bit hard to predict due to her injury and good form from saina, but maybe 40?

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Realistically , of 5 reps only 1 is favourite to go to Final.

Im more glad of the performance of the losers. Even Pradipta/Mahadewi gives everything include JC & ASG.

stanleyfm and Amlite like this.
  16. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representative in SF

5 - INA
    4 - JPN
    2 - CHN, KOR, IND, TPE
    1 - ENG, THA, DEN

This time, INA has the most representatives in SF. Usually, it is either CHN or JPN. I have no idea when was the last time INA has the most representatives in SF.

Minions vs Daddies will be a treat for sure. I will watch it if I have a time.

At this rate, KM and TTY will win the title. I don't think the remaining contenders can beat them. But, I still think that KM has higher chance to win the title than TTY. TTY has HBJ in her way in the revenge match. For MD, whoever win the all INA match should win the title. In WD, I wish Japan to keep their dominance. Let's see if Greysia/Apriani can beat Yuki/Sayaka or not. It is not an easy match for INA WD. For XD, Iooks like Zheng/Huang will win again. There is no cure for their domination. The remaining contenders should not give an easy win for them.

17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Oops. My bad. I was typing from my bed. Watching her match through my mobile. It was already 11.45 pm. Ofcourse , Saina is too hot.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINAL (10.00am, 2 courts) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...85EA57-347D-4D3B-AD28-2EFBD4890DDB&d=20181020
    • Men's singles intriguing clash will pit world number one Kento Momota versus defending champion Kidambi Srikanth. The Japanese star is clear favourite considering his excellent display lately and overall head to head stats. Hopefully badminton fans will watch much better quality match rather than lopsided battle as happened in CHN Open Super 1000 when the Indian ace lost meekly, 9-21 / 11-21. Srikanth fought hard to seal semis ticket, eliminates compatriot Sameer Verma closely, 22-20 / 19-21 / 23-21 while Momota outplayed Khosit Phetpradab, 21-13 / 21-9.
    • Chou Tien Chen fulfills his seeding position to enter semifinal, overcomes Son Wan Ho in three games. Current world number four had played 20 tournaments in last 12 months, what a busy schedule for him to keep his world ranking on top five. Resurgent Chou manages good run in last three BWF World Tour, being semifinalist twice and topped podium at KOR Open Super 500. Next, local hopeful 21 years old Anders Antonsen will be his stumbling block, the young Dane exemplified mental toughness to save three match points against Huang Yuxiang, 17-20 down and scoop five consecutive points to close it out, 22-20. Earlier round, Antonsen shattered his senior dream Viktor Axelsen also in tight contest.
    • Tai Tzu Ying rectifies her uninspiring form in last two top-tier tours at back to back JPN & CHN Open last month to cruise into semifinal here, eliminates Chen Yufei despite the Chinese stole second game but collapsed in third game to let her more fancied opponent dictated the match. Tai will seek revenge over her shocking defeat at recent World Championships quarterfinal against He Bingjiao.
    • Saina Nehwal keeps on her fine touch, beat Japan leading WS in a row, Yamaguchi and Okuhara. Dropping opening game, Nehwal bounced back to control and seal next two games, 21-16 / 21-12. She's favoured to conquer Indonesian promising star, reigning WJC Gregoria Mariska who outlasted Line Kjaersfeldt in rubber games yesterday.
    • The Minions are unstoppable and high likely to book final ticket, they will up against two-time World Champion Ahsan/Setiawan who reunited and still have ambition to eye Tokyo 2020 spot. The veteran Indonesians edge out Chinese back-ups Han CK/Zhou HD, 21-19 / 25-23. On bottom-half semifinal draw, title contender Kamura/Sonoda will take on Rio OG 2016 bronze medalists Ellis/Langridge who perform beyond expectation in Odense, beat Liao MC/Su CH in riveting tie that spent 81 minutes of play.
    • World number one Fukushima/Hirota look in good shape along this tournament and it's challenging task for Polii/Rahyu to topple them where FukuHiro won their last three encounters with two straight-games. Another Japanese WD representatives, Yonemoto/Tanaka will face tricky test, Korean unheralded partnerships Kim HJ/Kong HY who disposed Matsutomo/Takahashi and 8th seed Kititharakul/Prajongjai convincingly in their way to last four.
    • Zheng/Huang exhibit their superb action to smash The Adcocks convincingly, 21-12 / 21-7 in two quick games. A tough prospect for reigning Olympic Champion Ahmad/Natsir to balance World Champion speed and power, needing right strategy to stem the fast furious Chinese duo. The Indonesians have hard times to take opening game against home favourite Christiansen/Pedersen at last eight stage, 26-24 and it become comfortable in second game as the Danes had psychological impact to lose in narrow scoreline. Thailand dynamic pair, Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai are back to business and should be wary for next rivals, Korean lefthander combination Seo SJ/Chae YJ who down more experienced Chan PS/Goh LY in rubber games at quarterfinal.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE
    1) Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong (CHN) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    2) Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) v Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (INA)
    3) Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN) v Greysia Polii/Apriani Rahayu (INA)
    4) Kidambi Srikanth (IND) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    5) Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v He Bingjiao (CHN)
    6) Gregoria Mariska Tunjung (INA) v Saina Nehwal (IND)
    7) Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda (JPN) v Marcus Ellis/Chris Langridge (ENG)
    8) Anders Antonsen (DEN) v Chou Tien Chen (TPE)

Petersen, It'sMeMeMe, yuquall and 2 others like this.
  19. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Minions h2h record against kamura/sonoda is almost even. So their chance of winning in final is still 50 50 if they get past ahsan/setiawan. If it were li/liu they are facing. Then surely a win.. Lol

20. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Btw any replay match for ahsan/setiawan and GMT?