Currently have a nanoflare 800 looking for an upgrade!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Ixus, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Ixus

Ixus New Member

So I've have my nanoflare 800 for about a year that I have played badminton, in which I play 1-2 days a week. I've felt like I need an upgrade from this light racket to one with more power in it as I have been smashing it a lot.

I have come across several rackets that people have mentioned like:
    Astrox 88d
    Voltric Z Force 1 and 2
    Li Ning 9000i

Any opinions on the rackets or other ones that you recommend?

Thanks! :)

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The Nanoflare 800 is rather headlight, going from that to a Z-Force or 88D will be an extreme step up.
    These head heavy rackets will be significantly slower and therefore harder to maneuver...

I would take a look at the slightly head heavy rackets first, for example the Astrix 88S (or 88S Pro) or Astrox 77.
    The Li Ning 3D Calibar 900 (Drive) and Victor Thruster F or F Claw would also be good alternatives, all three rather stiff, like your NF800 and not overly head heavy.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

If you're playing doubles only then Woesi would be right to some extent. Head heavy rackets are indeed much slower and harder to manoeuvre for drives and defence, though for some HH rackets the compromise would be up to a reasonable level that offers further ease in overhead shots. With enough time you can adapt to them. Now with the rackets you've mentioned compared to the NF800:

4U88d- Will offer much more power in the overhead shots and drives but will be slower to manoeuvre which makes defence harder, though it's to an acceptable level for doubles

ZF1/2- Same as the above but it will make you work so much harder for your defence compared to any other racket due to it's head heaviness. These ones will drain your energy the most.

Li Ning 9000i- There's a review by the Volant guys
    . I personally wouldn't risk it

If you're an advanced player that has good technique then the Duora Z strike can be a good upgrade. I personally recommend the 4U88D or 88Dpro (4u/3u) for a rear court doubles player that likes smash a lot. Other HH rackets like the TC75, Tectonic 7C, 8000d are a viable option.

An slightly HH racket like the 100zz, 88S,77 would give you a a harder smash but it won't really be that of a significant step up, with the exception from the Z strike.

Again this all depends on your style of play and experience. Good luck with your choice.

4. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I think you’d like the 88d pro more. It smashes quite hard but much more quick than the 88d og. You’ll like how much power you get while not sacrificing that much speed compared to your NF800

Shamwow likes this.
  5. Jeff Tho (Volant)

Jeff Tho (Volant) New Member

Thanks @Shamwow for sharing!! Btw, I haven't seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force in soooo long!!!

Hoang_Ks likes this.
  6. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member