Court Cancellations

Discussion in 'Melbourne University Badminton Club' started by lwiew, May 15, 2009.

1. lwiew

lwiew Regular Member

Student
    I just checked my email and saw that badminton has been cancelled yet again (on the 23rd).

I'm going to say what I think is on a lot of peoples' minds: there have been a lot of court cancellations this year - more so than ever before, in my opinion.

Why is this so?
    Unless there has been a sudden massive influx of basketballers or ultimate frisbee players this year, I don't understand why we are being pushed out so frequently that it has become almost regular.

Where were those people holding their ultimate frisbee tournaments last year? Or the year before? Why are we getting shafted by them all of a sudden?

On the days that we do get on court, the courts are massively crowded.

I don't understand how is it that we:
    1. Appear to have so many more members, and yet
    2. Have so many more cancellations, and
    3. No additional court sessions to make up for those cancelled sessions and,
    4. No additional courts for the (very) few session that we do have.

Would someone please explain?

2. MUBC Secretary

MUBC Secretary Regular Member

Hi Iwiew,

I'm really glad that you are voicing your concern here. It's very important that you let us know all the problems you are having with the club.

The court cancellation is very unfortunate, but cannot be avoided because we can only get what the sports centre gives us. This year, the university basketball team has made the big league, therefore, they will always take precedence over our club. Furthermore, whenever other club has tournaments or important events, they will take precedence over us too.

We have been working hard to get the club more courts. So hopefully, in the next a few weeks, we will get more courts for our weekend sessions.

Please be patient.

Thanks a lot.

MUBC Secretary