Club play shuttles (EU)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Gupvis, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Gupvis

Gupvis New Member

Hi all,

currently we are as a club looking for new shuttles for club trainings/matches/competition.
    Mainly playing recreational level feather shuttle players. (first 2 competition levels with feather shuttles within the Netherlands).

I guess 90% of the shuttles are disposed because of mishits, 10% due to wearing. (Technical skills / clean hitting has to improve)
    So we are looking in the cheaper segment because no shuttle survives a lot of mishits.
    Can we better go for a relatively cheap goose or for an relatively more expensive duck (ending up at the same price per tube)? What is the flight difference between goose and duck?

Do you have a nice suggestion for a type? And a nice (EU) webshop?

Regards!

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'd once more highly recommend going for hybrid shuttles for practise and recreational play. Let me copy/paste my post from a similar thread recently:

IMO no way to get a better cost to performance ratio at the moment.

Gupvis likes this.
  3. Gupvis

Gupvis New Member

Thanks Simon,
    We actually tried them during free play and they are durable indeed. They feel a bit heavier but flight is fine, definitely for practice. Although net play is completely different, it doesnt spin/tumble at all. Maybe it has a different the weight distribution due to the plastic skirt?

However, hybrids are not allowed in competition, so not an option.