Cleaning GRIPS

Discussion in 'Grip' started by gavias, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    nah, you're just environmental friendly;)
    the 3 R's;)

2. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    That too! Badminton does give me incredible guilt issues about sustainability, especially with the wasteful and unethical nature of feather birds...

Perhaps I should take up treeplanting instead.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    regarding feathers, u shouldn't feel that way.
    Feathers are harvested and used as a resource just like leathers from cows or buffalo. If by design we found a perfect and cheaper synthetic replacment for feather shuttles, the feathers from the geese would goes to waste anyway.

I think there are many other ways we can make a bigger positive impact on the environment than doubting our useage of feathers in sport;) Eg. We can save millions of real beautiful trees by using and reusing synthetic christmas trees instead; eat less beef so south american don't cut and burn down forest for cattle ranching. There are more cows than humans on earth;) and cows are fart machines that add to green house gas in a big way. etc

If u have any other beefs:D, we can discuss them here
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38389&highlight=earth+watch

#23 cooler, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  4. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    try with alcohol at 70% if ur grip still at good condition, it will remove the dirty side. But if the grip already tear, replace with new one:)

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    You should look at my yonex purple coloured dry grap. It's like black:eek: Well it justs looks dirty. Maybe I should try alcohol:D

6. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    For me at least, I can't see this working because by the time i change my grip even the overlapped area has sweat and a bad smell to it. I guess for people who attract more dirt on their grip then sweat, it'd work.

7. Alaric

Alaric Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I had to clean my grip at the weekend, the first time I've ever had to do it.

I had a training session with my coach where I was using my racquet and his squash racquet alternatively to try and build up power. The only problem was that the grip on his squash racquet was old and the colour came out and turned my hand bright pink. This bright pink then transfered to the grip on my badminton racquet!

As my grip was pretty new I tried to clean it with a bit of water and washing up liquid. It seemed to work quite well, at first the grip was a little slick from the washing up liquid, but that wore off after a little bit of use and it is now quite tacky again.

However this is only really a short term solution.
    Generally I think the other guys are right and a new grip is the best way to go, that is certainly what I intend to do in the near future.

8. Carbonex8200LT

Carbonex8200LT Regular Member

Yonex Super Grap AC102EX

I Wrap A Yonex Super Grap AC102EX Over The Factory Grip Of My G4 Racquet.
    I Overlap Very Less, Only About 1~2mm And That To Only Till The Handle, Just Where The Factory Grip Ends, Because I Like A Thin Grip,
    Hence I Get Sufficeint Grap Left Out To Wrap One More Time,
    i.e. 2 Graps Out Of A Single Grap:)

9. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    ^ I don't like the ridged feeling. I like my grips smooth so that doesn't work for me. With most grips I'm able to use them 4 times. Use one side, use the other side, start from the end and use one side then the other. I don't mind the money at all, it's just that when you're using the last one in the pack, sometimes you just don't feel like going to buy another one. Sure I could pick one up at the club and not have to go out of my way, but when I walk in I'm so anxious to play, and when I walk out I'm so tired from playing that I don't want to bother.