China will probably bt Korea.

Discussion in '2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships' started by kwun, May 30, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    with a point safely held in the XD event, without much surprised, China should come out first in their group. Jun is no match to Zhou in WS, and nor is Ra/Lee to Yang/Huang.

the other group will be more interesting. INA got a point in XD, however, their women events are weak, it will be tough to tell who will come out first in that group.

as predicted, all the team matches will pretty much be decided by the XD event. what an interesting competition!!

it was very interesting for China to field Liu Yong and Gao Ling together. Liu has regained his form and Gao is getting better and better by the day.

2. hm...

hm... Guest

I thought Jun will be a star of tomorrow. After thinking it twice, I think Jun will be a star of the day after tomorrow.

Pairing Liu Yong and Gao Ling, indicates that China is taking the match as an experiment as they did many times before in trival matches.

3. hm...

hm... Guest

Ha Ha, Jun is rallying from behind, she will probably drop all you guys classes.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tomorrow (literally) is also appropriate, i guess, Indonesia has weak LS, and Denmark only has Martin, who is not as invincible as some of the Chinese ladies.

being a star the day after tomorrow (figuratively) will be tougher as the Chinese ladies are not getting weaker. Zhou Mi's furious attack will shread most but a couple of her opponents into pieces.

and Kim/Ra isn't exactly a trivial match, IMHO... :)

5. hm...

hm... Guest

I heard that Zhou Mi just lost a lot inside Chinese team...recently

6. hm...

hm... Guest

No, Kim/Ra is NOT trival...

I meant the match to determine who's the number one inside group 1A

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    really? where did you hear that from?

i was watching the Japan Open, and she certainly didn't look weak at all from that match.

Zhou only seems to get beaten by Gong Zhichao.

8. hm...

hm... Guest

Not only Gong Zhichao.

In the 20 days training in Qingdao, Zhou's performace was the worst amony all Chinese ladies. She lost to Dai Yun, Gong Ruina, and Zhang Ning. Looking at her fighing with Ruina, it was just too disappointing

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hm.... where are you located? are you getting these broadcast live on tv?

10. hm...

hm... Guest

I'm travelling between China and the US very often. One of my relative is working for Jiangsu Badminton team.