China Super Series 2007 - Day 6 (Nov 25) - Finals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

Saralee/Sudket vs. Nova/Lilyana

I'm rooting for Nova/Liliyana to win, but the Thai pair played so well today and they seem to be on top form. The pressure is on Nova/Lilyana after their defeat to S/S last month in the 1st round of DO?/FO?. Saralee/Sudket to win in three games.

WS:

XXF vs. WMC

XXF is the woman to beat. Plus she has home crowd support. I hope WMC wins though, I think she's hot. XXF to win in straight sets.

MS:

LCW vs. BCL

LCW in straight sets!

WD:

Du/Yu vs. Gao/Zhao

I like Gao Ling..hehe

MD:

MK/HS vs. XZB/GZD

MK/HS to win in three games. They're the more consistent pair. XZB/GZD is in good form, will get crowd support and will enjoy favorable line calls though, so it will be close.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    This is my prediction..

MS:LCW..though it's not going to be an easy one,since BCL improves alot..maybe a rubber set,n the scores will be preety tight..

MD:Kido/Hendra..Though the chinese pair GZD/XZB r preety strong,but i'm sure they can win this game

WS:WMC can win this one if she plays as well as when she played with ZN,..i dont really like XXF,so..beat her WMC!!..jia you!

WD:GL/ZTT will win this one..for sure.It's GL that we're talking about.

XD:NW/LN against the unknown thai pair..even though the thai pair have beaten XZB/ZYW..but i'm sure,with the indo's experience..victory should be on their side..

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    MAS 2
    THAI 1
    INA 1
    CHN 1 !!!

hehehe............

4. rexymania

rexymania Regular Member

technical
    any comment on uncle defeat?????????

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    this is the type of analysis that i like and are worth reading: unbiased and rational.

unlike a lot of so call analysis that are totally blinded by their own national preference and bias. people complain complain complain that badminton is not being played like a individual sport, perhaps they should think about how the sport is being view by themselves.

6. YOYO2007

YOYO2007 Regular Member

student
    Because of making a gamble with my friend. I hope Lee can win the match tomorrom,then will get a free dinner.haha...

7. YOYO2007

YOYO2007 Regular Member

student
    Because of making a gamble with my friend,I hope Lee can win the final tomorrow,then will get a free dinner.haha...

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    unknown thai pair ... :eek: :eek:.. where have you been.. they were semifinalist of wc 2005.. and former # 3 WR :D

9. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

i like that result :rolleyes:;):eek::p:D

10. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    he made a wrong statement there though....the thai pair are quite well known in the MXD scene...anyway...BCL looked strong today but only maybe because of him being so fresh courtesy of the great LYB...LCW knows his game and should beat him just like 2 weeks ago in 2 or 3 tight games....I also hope that WMC will do a Tine and bt XXF as XXF sometimes is known to underrate her opponents like in the Jpn Open and in the M'sian Open few yrs ago where she was beaten by Tracey Hallam in the semis...

11. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

for tomorrow final. i think:
    LCW over BCL. from the fitness, i think LCW is better.

XXF Over WMC. since WMC had 2 very hard game(ZL and ZL), i think she tire for the final

Kido over XZB: i belive the indo ability.

12. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

XD:

The Thai pair has been playing awesome since their return to competition. They deserve to go all the way here.

WS:

XXF vs. WMC
    Yeah, yeah, WMC beat all the Chinese women in her path and her run has been very similar to Tine Rasmussen at Japan Open but XXF is starting to peak again. I believe she's won the last few times they've met and I don't think it'll change today.

MS:

LCW vs. BCL
    I think this might be closer than we are all thinking. I give an edge to LCW since he's obviously been in top form lately but it seems like all the CHN men have stepped up their play a notch. I say 3 games, just not necessarily tight ones.

WD:

Du/Yu vs. Gao/Zhao
    I think LYB might fix this match so that Gao/Zhao can obtain as many ranking points as possible for the Olympics. In reality YW/ZJW should be here and not Gao/Zhao but somehow they beat them handily. Even then, Du/Yu are fast and fierce on court but Gao and, to a lesser degree, Zhao are much more experienced and technically superior players.

MD:

MK/HS vs. GZD/XZB
    ehh toss up in my opinion. While the INA pair has been showing consistency, their play hasn't been stellar and so they've benefited more from the upsets. On the other hand, the CHN pair has shown tremendous strength under pressure and have upped their game. If they can keep that level of play, they'll win in 2 sets like last night. If it goes to 3, it's anybodies' game.

#32 sumbadder, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  13. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I agree with you. I just want to correct his statement regarding the Thai pair of Saralee and Sudket whom he referred to as "unknown pair". This Thai pair has been in the scene for quite a while.
    Let's just hope for a fair game.:)

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    everyone, please remember to post in English only. respect the fact that
    not only your countrymen read this forum. this forum is being read by many people from many different part of the world.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei Boleh!!!!!
    Wong Mew Choo Boleh!!!!
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!
    CHONG WEI, MEW CHOO ROCKSS!!!!!

16. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

George!!! Post only in English, you heard kwun! "Boleh" is not English. LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    XD:

The revelation here is Saralee, I almost thought she was Indonesian or Chinese, such was her net control quality against XZB/ZYW. But from the practical and head-to-head record sense, I will pick INA to win it in 3, they were pretty good themselves against the in-form English.

WS:

XXF vs. WMC
    WMC's brilliant run will probably end here, not because of fatigue, just that XXF is back at her best since after Japan Open. WMC has most trouble against powerful tall attacking players. Not to mention the fact that XXF's hair is very much neater now. :D Still hoping for a spectacular upset, though ......

MS:

LCW vs. BCL
    LCW should be able to register his third super series final victory against Bao, after Indonesia and France. But Bao will be better prepared, LCW has to look out for that heavy forehand smash.

WD:

Du/Yu vs. Gao/Zhao
    GL/ZTT will be primed for victory here. Whether due to form book or "internal affairs", who knows .......

MD:

MK/HS vs. GZD/XZB
    Time for Kido/Setiawan to live up to their World Champion status by grabbing a maiden Super Series victory. Guo/Xie will give a stiff challenge, though. The Chinese are good, but in my opinion are not yet at title grabbing level. Just look at how they blew a 10 pt lead against Koo/Tan in the Philippines ......

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    My picks

XD
    Sudket/Saralee [THA] VS [2] Nova/Liliyana [INA]
    I'm rooting for the Thai pair because they have been impressive by knocking down two top chinese pairs en route to the final. Probably 3 thrilling sets in favor of the Thai duo.

WS
    [1] XIE Xingfang [CHN] VS WONG Mew Choo [MAS]
    The Malaysian has been phenomenal by eliminating 4 Chinese players (3 from China and 1 from ex-China) en route to the final. But the in-form top seed will not let the incident in Tokyo repeat in Guangzhou. Can Mew Choo repeat the feat in KL last August?

MS
    [3] BAO Chunlai [CHN] VS [2] LEE Chong Wei [MAS]
    If Chong Wei adapts the right gameplan right from the beginning, Chunlai will have to "defend" his 4th consecutive runner-up here. Expecting a tight match.

WD
    DU Jing/YU Yang (F) [CHN] VS [5] GAO Ling/ZHAO Tingting [CHN]
    I think the juniors need more points for Beijing than the seniors.

MD
    GUO Zhendong/XIE Zhongbo [CHN] VS [3] Markis/Hendra [INA]
    The Chinese pair is all fired up for their 1st final appearanc in Super Series while the world champions and defending champions have been playing well so far. Both pairs will be all out fighting for their 1st Super Series title and we'll anticipate a tough match. If the game is fair, the Indonesians should take it, probably in 2 tight sets or 3 thrilling sets.

With a WD title already in the pocket, can China grab the remaining 3 (WS, MS & MD)? Anything less than 3 titles, is a failure to China, especially for a tournament held in the homeground.

19. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

My preference and my prediction are 2 different things.

I think i would just say, let the best man/woman win. Coming this far into the finals is indeed a tough journey for all of them. WMC had many hard fought matches. She is all pumped up, and a maiden win for her first SS title is due. If she plays the way she played today, throwing back everything ZN dumped onto her, she will rattle XXF. XXF becomes erratic when she can't get the winners. WMC needs to cut down her mistakes, or keep them to the minimal. I believe she has reached the big stage to stake a strong claim for her first SS title. She should win and w/o in HKO, then take a break and prepare for the Sea Games in 2 weeks time.

LCW seems a little distracted and uneasy on court today against CJ. Though he steps up his game midway through the 2nd game and eventually won, he should have won the 1st set when he was leading by 2 points and held game point, but he rallied on and gave CJ the chance to crawl back. Against BCL, he shouldn't hold anything back. I believe if only he throws everything in the final tomorrow, he will win. It's obvious he looks tired and a little worned out, and if he wins CO, he can choose to w/o from HKO or just lose in early rounds like he has done before in the past.

my 2 cents worth... LOL :p

20. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Wow this the 1st time for a long long time Mas has representative in both the MS and WS finals of a mojor GP tournament. Mas WS used to be whipping girls and cannon folder for the Japanese ladies not to mention INa and Chn.

Way to go WMC.

LCW is shaping up well. Didint crumble under pressure played a safe game and I think a very actuarist game.

LCW do not go for risky shots these days. Avoiding sideline smashes, if he smash at all. I believe he was already having the final with BCL in mind given that BCL have at least a good day rest in QF with CH gifted the semi spot to BCL in the grand machinations of the China BA.

as an old badminton fan, and not as a Malaysian, i find LCW's recent style absolutely beautiful. the Chinese commentator commented LCW is "Luan Zhong Tai Jian" that is carrying a sharp sword covered with soft feathers.

The main weapon is his deception. Chen Jin was left guessing all the time what LCW's play. Just when you think he is hiting a smash he hit a drop, or lob. The think is that LCW is going with the flow, whilst his opponetnts thus far are doing to much thinking about LCW's shots and not concentrating on their own strengths.

LCW has combined the footwork of Morten Frost, the Lobs and chops of Misbun, the defensive dives of Foo Kok Keong and the deception of Zhao Jian Hua.

He was constantly varying the pace of the shuttle, from slow soft to slow hard and then fast soft or hard fast. CJ was just following LCW pace and unable to unleash the type of fast and powerful attacking game Chn players are known for. The game is beautiful to watch. The deceptive smash that disguised the drop in the 3rd game was perfect, his neck stiffen, racket pulled to the back but soft touch right at the time of contact was something hardly seen these days. The back hand half smash to the sideline was also a beauty.

His game has won fans in Europe ans I believe amongst the Chinese too when you hear the applause the spectator gave him after the match.

To beat LCW, BCL either have to play faster and more power than LD, or he have to play LCW's game, of patiently waiting for the kill. Many points was lost by Cj because he was not patient enough.

I think this is because of the inflexible nature of the Chinese coaching method of emphazising speed and power. Chinese players can play a stroke base game but it takes longer for them to adjust styles.

So if BCL can get his mental strength together and play patiently he has a equal chance of winning other wise he wil end up like Chen Jin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.