China Open 2006 QF (Oct 20)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by DoublesPlayer, Oct 19, 2006.

1. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

wang yihan on the other hand, smd to have lost the game from the beginning, kinda hd a stage fright.. the beginning of the 2nd game saw her giving away ala TH in JO final, 10 plus points in matter of minutes and trailed by 3-17.. though she collected 7 points in a row thereon but it's a lil too late..

2. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

maybe too much pressure on lu lan.. too many unforced errors, 4 at the end of the game and yao jie won 22-20.. out of 7 chn WS, there's only ZN in the semis....

3. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    well done CJ! :D well done to CH, BCL and LD of course ;)
    Andrew Smith as well for getting this far... ;) :D :p

4. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

lu lan ws too tensed... yao jie came back from behind in both games and made it to semis, 23-21, 21-19.. and again, only 1 chn in 4 WS semis slot... that's all the matches today...

5. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

to the semis:
    MS and XD are all chn affairs..
    WD - 3 chn and 1 chn taipei
    MD - 2 indos, 1 chn and 1 danish pair
    WS - chn, hk, hol and jap...

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Probably do some research first before make any prediction.

7. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Aside from LD and LCW in MS, CJ is the nest most consistent MS player this year.

The worst result he ever get in a tournaments is QF round, lots of SF , few Final and 2 titles. That already say very much compare with others. It quite accomplishment remembering he is only 20 or 21? Can someone confirm his age?

8. xiao yun

xiao yun Regular Member

can someone plz tell me the complete information (MD,XD,MS,WD,WS) who will play for tommorrow (Saturday):confused: :confused: ...coz today i'm so busy r, dun hav time to watch the game r:( :crying: ...so i dunno anything bout the schedule for tommorrow..but i do really wanna know bout that...n thank you so much for the attention..:eek:
    hope u all can help me...:eek:

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Where is..

...Hendrawan??..:confused: :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i concur sir..;) ..i'd suggest for Taufik to just take the rest of the yr off and prepare for next yr's AE and the rest of tourneys(SS) next yr(that is IF he wants to)...:p ;):)

#370 ctjcad, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yah, that's a tough one(to root for)....If i'm not mistaken, in last yr's CO, Chen Hong won over BCL...Could it be another "'Chen's" turn this yr??..:rolleyes: ;) :)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, well, what do we have here??...and Congrats to Chen Jin..

..aih, just crashed in and just read the posts(didn't watch the match)....:p ..
    well, well, not a surprise after all what happened in TH vs CJ match and not surprise it ended this way...By reading the posts of the match, it's probably a very tense and entertaining match. I think in the 1st set, by the scoreboard, Taufik was just reading Chen Jin's game, as i believe this is his first time meeting him. In the 2nd set, i don't know what happened to the score, as it was quite lopsided.
    But the 3rd set was the clincher. Sure, Taufik "gave it his all" etc, but sooner or later, even if he would've won the match, i doubt he'll go further in his SF match(considering CH has also advanced)...I think one reason for a closer 3rd set, was possibly Taufik winning the 2nd set with ease/almost no competition, thus he still had enough energy?? I also wonder what would happen if CJ would've given Taufik a much closer game in the 2nd set, wonder if Taufik really had anything left by the 3rd set..

**Another interesting thing i noticed, but it looks like a lot of the posts in this thread have mentioned the word "stamina"(Taufik's) etc. more, in comparison to previous posts in other tourneys...hmm..:confused: :rolleyes: ;) :) :D

#372 ctjcad, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006