Chen Jin vs Chen Yu

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by bananaboy, Mar 10, 2007.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    From the previous encounters between these two, I have noticed that it is quite similar to Lin Dan vs Chen Hong. It's like the younger generation of China players have no answer to their seniors when the younger one first get started in the international scene.

Part of the reasons may be the fact that once there is this all-China affair, there is no more advice from the coach, and therefore the younger, less experienced one can not formulate an efficient and effective game plan.
    When I was viewing the Chen Jin vs Jonassen match, even Zhao JianHua(commentator) mentioned that Chen Jin was possibly executing his coach's strategy perfectly. However, once Chen Jin went up against his teammates, he could hardly do as well as he should(except German open 06 final where he defeated Chen Hong).

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Chen jin is still quite raw in skill, he may be the future start in China but for now, Super Dan is still the man as he knows when to inject the pace. Chen Yu is the quiet assasin and may be use like Chen Hong to clear road blocks for team China. It will be a bonus if green light is given for both players to go all out in the final, I want to see how good Chen Yu can possibly be!! Lets hope no more reported injuries just to prepare the Swiss Open.

3. Ricky.S

Ricky.S New Member

I was there watching this match live and observed this. Why is it that the Chinese coaches let the players get on with it? Why not allocate a different coach to each player? This behaviour intrigues me.

Bananaboy, did you mention Zhao Jianhua? What channel does he commentate on now?

I’d sure like to know what players he rates today …

With the exception of Lin Dan and Chen Hong, so far I’m personally not that impressed by any of the other Chinese singles players, although I did enjoy watching Bao Chunlai so for the meantime, I’ll reserve judgement on him.

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Because it really doesn't matter who win as the country already won. Imagine if Li Yongbo is coaching Chen Jin and Chen Poh is coaching Chen Yu, do you think Chen Yu dare to win over Chen Jin? Li Yongbo may take the lost very personal :D
    Anyway, at time coaching may be over-rated, I think player know what to do, executing the game plan is totally different issue.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I didn't watch the game between Chen Jin and Chen Yu, but I'd watched the game between CY and LCW. I think CY is a great player himself nevertheless and has every context that a top world class player should have (agility, power, soft stroke and mental toughness). Just that he didn't get the chance to shine when CH and XXZ was in the team. I think he will take every opportunity from now on to prove himself, as he is no longer young among his teammates.

Best wish to CY to win over LD tomorrow and leave his name on the great All England history book!

6. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Chen Yu is a late bloomer just like Hendrawan. They didn't perform well in their early 20's but continue to improve and perform better later on.