Chen Hong's chances.

Discussion in '2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships' started by iv, Jun 8, 2001.

1. iv

iv Guest

Having played Gade in the S-Cup,he sure must have got the drift of Gade's game.
    He doesn't seem to have the finnese of Gade but his stamina seems phenomenal & he is able to score points in tight situations His finishing appears to be quite strong also as in the just concluded game with Gopi.
    Remember the AE semis he had with Roslin & some other games he played in Seville?
    So, what do u think are his chances against Gade tomorrow?

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm not too sure on Taufik's and Hendrawan's forms right now so i can't really say much on that match but seeing that Taufik is playing well and Hendrawan isn't so much, i think Taufik might just slip by.

Anyhow, the Chen Hong VS Peter Gade match will be very close, i think whoever wins this match will be the World Champ. I absolutely hate saying that.....

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Hong played a good aggressive game but i think if gade does not make unforced errors like Gopi then i guess Gade will be the champion.

Off late Gade seems to be making a lot of unforced errors.

Let us hope it is gade all way through!

4. hm...

hm... Guest

It seems Gade changed a lot lately. He used to attack frequently, now he's using drop shot a lot.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

At least Chen seems to be improving everyday. When he played Gopi, he dominated the net, made very few unforced errors and retrived many shots he struggled with previously,such
    as sidelines and deep from forehand. Gopi didn't do his homewotk, he thought he was in AE final.

Gade struggled against LEE who played aggressively and positively putting Gade under a lot of pressure. Gade screamed with delight after beating Lee.I'm not saying Gade will lose semis, he's too smart, it depends on who is in form and plays the correct game.

The sad thing if Chen wins is that next time he will degenerate into another Ji or Xia.I think it is a bit early for Chen to win WC.

6. Cary

Cary Guest

I will put my money on a final between Gade and Taufik. For the time being, they are the best players in the world.

7. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Gade was playing Lee WHO? I thought he played Agus Hariyanto in the SF... or issit another competition you were talking about?

I feel it is too early for CH to take the WC as well...

I hope Hendrawan wins it... I mean, it's probably/definitely his last one and I think he really deserves something. Going to be very hard though. Even if he bts Taufik tonight, he may not be able to take on either Chen or Gade.

Sorry Gade, I'm switching sides now... =P

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Is INA going to interfere who should go into final?

9. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    That's what I was worried about.

10. Cary

Cary Guest

I don't think Taufik will obey such orders, nor will Hendrawen who is unlikely to compete in the next WC. Don't worry.

11. Johnny

Johnny Guest

I think it's the heat that's forced Gade to play a bit less agressively to conserve his strength.

12. May

May Guest

Itz seems he's playin more like Camilla.