Change of string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by zharif, Aug 13, 2010.

1. zharif

zharif Regular Member

Hello all.. Currently I'm using BG-68 Titanium at the tension of 25 and I think I comfortable with it.. But what happen if I change the string to BG-66 or BG-65 at the same tension of 25.. (Sorry for bad English.. Hehe~~ :D)

2. xXDjFrostyXx

xXDjFrostyXx Regular Member

BG-66 will break way faster. BG-65 will probably feel better. less slippery

3. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Or bg 85, can last 3 months with a lot of smashes (this depends how good your stringer is) and its much more satisfying with power repulsion and everything else except durability. In this case you wouldn't care because its a tradeoff in performance over durability. And its a big leap in performance

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Smax, I have to partially agree with about that. Even thou BG-85 could like lasts up to 3 months, but from what I have seen for myself and other users including one former professional, it lasted up or less than 1.5 months based on high tensions.

5. smax5001

smax5001 Regular Member

Student
    Matt, I agree with the professional part because they probably play way more than us citizens do anyways, so they tend to break strings faster on much longer use. But, I guess it might be different for everybody. I play two times a week 4 hours each. Luckily for me, they break within 3 months :) I play with plastic and feathers evenly. I heard plastic breaks strings even more.