Carltons, New vs Old

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TrunkZ69, Sep 24, 2002.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone tried any of the newer carltons? How do they compare to the AB series? I liked the AB's a lot. Does anyone know balance points of the new models? Mainly the TT900 and the F1 and F2. Im guessing the TT900 is a newer version of the now famous AB 900 but with a powerflo design. Can anyone please confirm this? Ok, thanks now. Bye!

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I've played with the F1 and the F2. Not enough to make a proper review, but here are my early impressions:

They are both head heavy, and very much so the F1. They definitely remind me of the old Aerogear 900 and the Airblade 900, but with stiffer shafts. The marketing talk of "14% more flex" doesn't actually mean that the shaft is more flexible in itself, only that the length of the shaft has been increased, partly by shortening the handle part!

The new handle cap is less of a problem getting used to than I thought initially. I choke up on the handle a lot in doubles, and to my surprise that doesn't feel as uncomfortable with this design as one would have thought.

Carlton states the balance point is at 280 and 285 mm respectively in these models, but I find that hard to believe. That would mean head light racquets, and these are definitely head heavy.

My overall impression is that despite the light weight (85 resp 88 g) they both feel very solid and robust. I had little trouble adapting to them, although I normally prefer more head light or evenly balanced racquets. In my opinion, these racquets suit the attack-oriented player better than the all-rounder or defensive type.

3. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    NVIDIA,

Please explain this "bump" business. It's in a lot of threads now. Are you trying to say something?

5. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

LOL! :D

6. modious

modious Regular Member

I think he meant ----> Update

7. jsevalle

jsevalle Regular Member

student
    And if you can notice, Carlton-related topics has it.

8. RyviuS

RyviuS Regular Member