Carbonex 20 : Original/Tour/Long/Power/Muscle

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sennahojw, Aug 22, 2005.

1. sennahojw

sennahojw Regular Member

Hi all,

I have been playing with Cab 20 original for a couple of years. I am planning to get Cab 20 Tour and Cab 20 Long.
    Does anyone know what is the difference between all the carbonex 20 series? or is it just Yonex marketing gimmicks? :D

I have read the review on cab20 original and cab20 long. My conclusion is:
    Even balanced and stiff - cab 20 original
    head heavy and extra stiff - cab 20 long (from bluejeff)

Can someone tell me how is the characteristic of the cab 20 tour (on racket balance and shaft stiffness) ?

Many Thanks! :)

2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman

Even balance and more stiff than Cab 20 original. But, it has vibration after hit.....................

Cab 20 long still available in Singapore?? I find 1 in HK, but the price nearly US$100 and I don't think it worth...................

3. sennahojw

sennahojw Regular Member

Thanks forrestyung! What kind of vibration are you referring to? :confused:

hm...so cab 20 tour is also even balanced and extra stiff
    what about cab 20 long? is it even balanced too? (I am still not too sure, though I think it is head heavy) :eek:

Does anyone knows about the rest of the carbonex 20 lineup?

4. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I have never tried Cab 20 Long.

For the vibration, it is hardly to describ, when you always use your figures, you will feel it.

5. aquaboi

aquaboi Regular Member

yes, i saw it in one of the shops here...can't really remember the price...i think it S$129 or something...definitely cheaper than US$100...

i have the cab20 titanium power...i like the power it generates but it's a bit heavy coz it's 2U...great control as well...

6. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    Cab 20 original is pretty light and even balanced compared to the more popular head heavy ones out by yonex these days.

Cab 20 Muscle is one of the head heaviest racquets I've ever tried. I mean...in perception for me anyway. It's most noticeable for me in the underhand singles serve because I can feel the weight of the head guide the stroke with such force and speed that it almost doens't require me to move my wrist. I play with the Ti10, MP99, and I've used the AT500.

I don't know about the others though. As I understand, at least most of hte different Cab 20 models are actually distinctly different. In general I hear most of them are more stiff than the original? They're not just marketing the same thing. They just revived the Cab 20 Original...with a different design.

7. jay chavez

jay chavez Regular Member

just would like to ask if the cab20 tour is different from the cab20 tour sp? does the cab20 tour have a built in t joint? can you rate the control, power and stiffness from a grade of 1 to 5? will this be suitable for an intermediate doubles player to use? is the 3u better than the 2u version? will the 2u tire out your arm easily in doubles play?

8. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Stop posting the same thing in 5-6 topics, it is extremely annoying, we heard ya' the first time. Wait patiently for an answer in ONE topic, I believe Bluejeff already answered a few of your questions in a previous topic, go find it.

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    People here are not blind, so multiple postings here will not help you at all. When we don't answer your questions, it means:
    1. You need to use search function, we don't like to say the same thing over and over again, or
    2. Your questions are not clear, or
    3. We don't know answers

Either way, you should not post the same question more than 2 times. When there is no one replying your question, you might want to:
    1. Use search function again and read some more old threads, and/or
    2. Use web searching engine like Google to research on your own. Sometimes it requires to use translators, but since you are the one who needs information, you need to spend some effort to look for it. :rolleyes:

10. jay chavez

sorry.. annoyance must be pretty unacceptable for you...dont worry, bluejeff was decent enough to mention my mistake(rule#2) in casual terms not like... anyway, sorry im not perfect as some people are.. some people do make mistakes.. i guess you dont.."go find it" ...just shows how polite and courteous you are.. a real strength i bet(rule#1).. i noticed your name... it must fit you somehow..thanks for the info you sent.. it was highly appreciated...

11. jay chavez

Im so sorry. It wont happen again.