Can we be fair and objective?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by woodenRacket, Sep 25, 2006.

1. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

These days I saw too many bashes on LYB for his well-known "break leg" quotes. Yet whether he did said that or not remains a mystery.

We cannot give a verdict simply on what's being accused of. At least we should also listen to the accused and the witness to make sure it is a fact.

Emotional and biased posts will ruin the fame of this decent forum, which is not wanted by most of us here. As badminton fans, we enjoy watching the top player's performance and try to improve our own skills by learning from them. We support our fans as well. Defaming of rival or excuse for your fan will do nothing good to your idol. We applaude for their victory and feel sorry for their defeat and expect them to do better next time, as most of the forumners here do. Just as simple as that. :)

2. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    human beings tend to be easily swayed and taken in sometimes. can't really blame them. but i think now that it's over people will soon get over it and find new stuff to gossip.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Since you mention it, I think I can explain what Lee CW means.

I dont think Lee ever blamed anyone for his loss.

I think he was annoyed because someone used him as canon fodder.

Say the parents of 2 neighbors are feuding, does it mean their children cannot be friends, worse still can one parent take it out on the neighbor's children?

He said clearly he is no one's sworn enemy, the whole charade is like a Kung Fu movie of masters vs pupils.

Worse still what is essentially a family affair between different families

have been blown up all out of proportion.

china team and team msia have always been great pals, Li YB himself

is always dining & wining with the Msia team and public, maybe he has stopped this.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Ya. I think LCW is just surprised/disturbed by LYB's behavior. He seems to be just a kid who wants to play good badminton, and suddenly finds out he is a ENEMY of some people... Just can't accept it yet.

5. xbro88

xbro88 Regular Member

Yup i find LYB's behavior particularly disturbing...

6. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hmm... li yong bo asked his player to break lee cw's leg... asked him to shut up.. n.. pointed his finger towards lee.. but today's chinese newspaper written li yong bo did not do dat.. he said lee cw threaten his player--lin dan instead..wats goin on????? by da way.. did li yong bo do dis to kuan beng hong when kuan is playing Chen jin in da 3rd round..? if not.. this shows dat li yong bo's greatest enemy is still Lee Chong Wei.. ggwahaha..

7. xbro88

xbro88 Regular Member

i think LYB's enemy is all other players except china players...:D :D :D

8. wwjd1

wwjd1 New Member

You have no right to judge LYB

I think it is quite evil of you to judge .... if LYn is evil, those who do not know him personally and yet judge him are as evil , or more so...

9. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I don't think you should judge LYB this way as well... :crying: It hasn't been proven that he those words, has it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

10. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

My opinion is we should not look at this as ordinary dispute between John and Mary at your next door neighbour. I consider LBY as public figure in the world of badminton, so he must take responsibilities for what he says and does when its related to badminton. If LBY makes a bad comment against his friends in a bar....who cares. So, I think its ok to judge him based on what he did in Madrid.

11. kemana

kemana Regular Member

Being totally objective is impossible ^_^
    For example, nobody seems to care about Taufik's side of the story before starting bashing him endlessly,yet someone really cares to listen to LYB's story before the bashing goes half way as what Taufik got. I'm not trying to protect Taufik,not am i trying to bash LYB sincerely(since i don't know the truth behind both of these incidents).I just suggest that we admit that we are human, and we are biased.And if you want to be objective, be objective not only to whom you care about but also to those you don't like.

#11 kemana, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    When it comes to teams sport, there's no such thing as objectivity:p. You're only objective if you're totally neutral and apathetic to the sport and the countries/teams involved.