Calling No-Shot

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by TheBear, Feb 15, 2010.

1. tiching99

tiching99 Regular Member

thanks. so it is a foul after all.

But yeah coming back to the topic of the thread, I also play in the Coventry league, and I don't call rim-shots (single hit) as fouls ... yet some opposing club players seem to give shocked expressions when I don't call it a foul. Its really irritating! Like being accused of being a cheat when I'm not one!!!

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I can't imagine how long a game will take if you implement this "no shot" rule. Lesser player will tend to hit the shuttle on the frame more; just think how painful it would be as they go back and forth with lets.

Another thing is the situation of a pair dominating a rally. The shuttle could be just within the reach of a weaker player who has no chance of returning it, yet frames it, rendering the rally null and void.

How about a pair in an all out smashing assault whose sure kill is nullified by a late tick of the frame as the defender hangs his racket out in desperation.

Sorry dude, not a good rule. It'll end up causing much frustration.

3. TheBear

TheBear Regular Member

All good stuff - thanks folks.

Tiching - which club do you play for ? And I echo your sentiments - folk look most indignant if I hit a rim shot and don't immediately call it.