BWF is a failure in promoting this sport

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by lurker, Jul 21, 2018.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Hopefully, after the Tokyo Olympics 2020, BWF would be willing to lift the geo-blocking even further, as long as HSBC is willing to pay the bill of course.

At the very least, lift the geo-blocking entirely in non-English speaking countries and let people there watch the live events on youtube for free (in English of course). Or maybe with a 24-hour delay, just thinking out loud.

The local broadcasters would pay for the rights for local broadcast and to add live commentaries in the local languages/dialects.

Sadly, HSBC's stock price has not been doing well recently. Hope things will be better soon.

#21 pcll99, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    He has been president of BWF since 2013. I think he was re-elected in 2017 and his term will end in 2021.

I think his greatest achievements are:

(1) ending one particular nation's dominance of our sport

(2) signing up HSBC as a sponsor

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Lol, you mean the president has his role to stop China's domination? I don't know if it can be called as achievement. I just wonder what if China finds out about this.

4. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

But unfortunately, during his presidency less countries are willing to bid for BWF major events. I've read Indonesia claiming it's not worth it to host major events because of the current business model. Prague backs off from hosting WJC 2019. Host for TUC 2020 is still nowhere to find....