Bruised Toenail

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by avia, Feb 6, 2018.

1. avia

avia Regular Member

A few weeks ago while taking a forward lunge i felt pain in my right toe nail and later i saw that i had a bruised toenail.
    I use ASICS Gel Blade 5 shoes. I use sports socks and the shoe fit me perfectly. Also my nails are not long.
    Can someone please guide what can cause such injury and possible ways of avoiding it?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Doesn't look too bad. Most likely from poor footwork.

avia likes this.
  3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Looks like your foot is moving inside the shoe, so either it does not fit as good as you say or you could try different lacing techniques to better lock your foot inside the shoe.

avia and guitar_pic like this.
  4. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    You mentioned that you were lunging forward, but did you properly land on your heel first and follow thru with the rest of your feet?

avia likes this.
  5. avia

avia Regular Member

Thankyou everyone for your reply.
    Yes indeed my footwork is not good and my feeling is also that its result of bad footwork.
    This is the first time in 1 year that i had such a problem and that's why i felt that had it been because of bad fitting of my shoe then it would have happened months ago.
    I wasn't aware of different shoe lacing techniques and now i just googled it up and shall give that a try.
    @guitar_pic actually i lunged forward to pick up a quick drop shot while playing singles and to be honest i just remember that i was short on time and barely managed to get there...
    So i think you pointed in the right direction that this could be result of not putting heal first on the ground, followed by the rest of the feet.
    I do this when i am not under pressure but i need to make it a habit that i do it for each and every lunge.

6. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    Perhaps you could have a friend use your phone to video-record you playing so you can watch it back.

Chances are, you may not be crouched down low enough when you are in the middle. So if you start moving forward and you are almost standing, then you cannot do a low enough lunge to help stop your forward momentum.