Better line call and Fair Game Pls

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by donchang, Oct 5, 2006.

1. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Hope that these 2 tournament will not have much of the bad line call issue as the has been happen recently. I think that if has more better line judge then its should make the game more interesting. Especially the China Open should has to pay more attention on it as recently that the chinese coach ( the rubbish mouth ) has been on the news bout using such a low end tactic to help his player to win... There is no need for him to use such a shameless tactic to help his player as his player is already strong enough to win against any player from other country... Feel shame when i see his face on tv...

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Again and again, seems ppl just never forgive LYB. ;)

Please, come to reality, as this world is far away from ideal. A true champion needs to fight off everything to win, and not just who can hit the shuttle in a perfect stroke.

If you want 100% pure fairness, you should not let anyone in the gym. Yes, not even 1 person, besides the players. The crowd obviously showing their support to this one or the other. Can you ask everyone to be quiet??? Coach, teammate, staff, home crowd, facility condition, etc are all part of the game. As long as there's not clear violation of the game, a pro athelte needs to learn how to handle it in a proper way. :cool:

3. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

It's true that it should be Lee Chong Wei's problem if he couldnt take this. But at the same time, I don like the way Li Yong Bo trying to make all the things he did excusable.

4. badmad

badmad Regular Member

well, it's again a debatable topic. but such decisions are part of a game to certain extent. Tennis, badminton being individual sport, any player feels more about it. If it was team event like soccer, hockey, then I would guess the situation won't get as bad with one/two wrong calls.

People discuss LCW vs LD matches so many times with LCW being at the receiving end. may be at some point few calls went in favour of LCW in some match. so it's all evenly balanced. :) I would think that LCW/Malaysian Badminton Association must have complained to IBF (i forgot their new name... :p).

5. donchang

donchang Regular Member

Yes!!!! i agree with what you say that a true champion should need to fight off everything.. And the point i want to highlight is that China is a very powerful and famous name in badminton in history and they have produce a lot of famous and strong player and coach.. What i mean is that as a China head coach and he should not behave like that as this will only bring shame to his own country.. And i dun know you guy did hear also on the day the game is playing that a msia coach also did the nearly same thing in the all england quater final between LD and LCW by shouting loud to LCW by saying "Make him angry" in hokkien..And this also has affected the country image as the word spoken in hokkien is a bit rough......So guy let all of us hope for more fair play and better line call!!!!!!!!!! Let make the badminton game more exciting and interesting to watch!!!!!!!! Badminton Jia You

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Agree! :D LCW does need to go over every hurdles no matter what :) ;) If you want NO bad/questionable line calls at all then you will have to have the video system :D ;)

7. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

But the video system has just been declined... how sad

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't have an issue with your suggestion, and personally, I want everything in the world to be nice, peaceful, clean and fair.

However, the reality is, none of them ever exist. I doubt we can even see it, until one day we reaches utopia. :D Therefore, to deal with the "less than perfect reality", all we can do is to make ourselves strong and overcome "unexpected" problems.

If we just keep dreaming about the "perfection", this is could be pretty much useless. :cool:

9. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    why? lack of money? :crying: :crying: :crying: this is the only idea of making games more fairer! :crying: :crying: :crying:

10. cindie

cindie Regular Member

I guess lack of money would be the main reason.. Not too sure though.