Best value feather shuttles for recreational players?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by pootisfoib, Feb 7, 2023.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

What are the best value price to performance/durability feather shuttles for recreational players? These days I usually play once or twice a week at community centre or local club drop ins. I have Mavis 2000 and 300 nylons, but I’d like to get some feathers.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I can highly recommend trying those hybrid shuttles (for example Forza Hybrid 5000) with a plastic skirt and natural feathers. They feel very close to full natural shuttles, are rather robust and cost around half of decent full natural ones.

And don't be picky with available brands. They all come from one and the same manufacturer and are only labeled differently for different brands.

For reference and more information:
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/hybrid-shuttlecocks-reviews.188242/

s6edge, Schopenhauer and LenaicM like this.
  3. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    Since in our club shuttlecocks are partially spnsored by the club it made not much of a difference if I would by cheaper ones in a shop and in tournament there are clear rules which shuttlecocks are permitted.
    Anyway, last week a club mate brought for a training session some from a sports discounter --> Decathlon which you have AFAIK in Canada, too.
    It was Feather Shuttlecock Speed 78 12-pk - FSC 960.. I was really surprised and for recreational players I definitely recommend it.
    Make sure NOT to buy model FSC 560 even if it's considerably cheaper because they are much worse quality in terms of durability and flight quality. Use speed 78 in winter and 76/77 in summer

No idea about prices in Canada for quality shuttlecocks but in Germany we pay in the shop if we order 50 rolls:

23.50€ Oliver Apex 100
    25.50€ Oliver Apex 200
    24.50€ Yang Yang 202
    Yonex a bit more expensive.

for comparision a roll of Decathlon FSC 960 is about 18€ in Germany and 30 CAN $

pootisfoib likes this.