Best string and tension for rarely used secondary racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by SSSSNT, Nov 8, 2021.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

The other day, the string on my main racket snaps so I'm forced to use my backup racket. When I used it, the string felt quite dead. I rarely used my backup racket and therefore it doesn't need regular stringing like my main racket. What string and tension do you guys think will still be suitable after a few months or even a year? It doesn't even need to feel great, just decent will do since I'm only playing intermediate recreational games and not tournaments.

2. puttguy

puttguy Regular Member

Why not rotate your racquets instead? That way you just have them both strung the same (tension & string), & the tension drop will be similar over time.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I don't know about others but my spare racket is just a cheap one. It won't be optimal to use it 50% of the time just for the string.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Different string die in different ways.
    I own 2 unused racket.
    My old friend Lining MP UC5000. Lazy flex racket for lazy games with beginner friend.
    & AVP which i dont like. Bad buy due to the hype.

Lining strung with LN66EX 26lbs. Now maybe around 1yo or more & feel so damn loussy. Just dont like the feel.
    AVP strung with BG66UM 26lbs. More than 2 yo i guest. Feel better than 1yo LN66EX. Its dead & no repulsion but at least the feel is better.

SSSSNT likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    IMHO, If you are playing quite regularly, getting a second racquet that is the same model as your primary racquet is a necessity. If you were to be playing tournaments, then you need three of the same racquets.

Your spare is there for emergencies - don't worry about the strings feeling dead. If you really are concerned, then restring your spare every six months even if the string isn't breaking.

neverdien, ucantseeme, SSSSNT and 3 others like this.