Best Clamps for Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jonno22, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Jonno22

Jonno22 Regular Member

I'm looking up get new clamps and bases for my Gamma X-ST, I have had my current ones since I bought the machine 7 years ago.

What are the best/most recommended clamps on the market? I don't mind spending a little more if they are good quality.

I only string badminton racquets these days and have upgraded the machine with Chudek supports and a WISE so the clamps/supports are next on the list to get updated!

SirWabbs and kakinami like this.
  2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Get the Gamma clamps? Or Aliexpress?

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First of all, what's wrong with your current Gamma clamps? If they are not damaged, you can most likely stick to them since it will be hard to find any replacement clamps that will be clearly better than yours.

The best affordable clamps imo are the StringMaster ones:
    https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...StringMaster-Profi-Clamp-High-End-1-Stck.html

Then there are a bunch of different clamps on Aliexpress. I've seen and tested those on the new iTennis machines and they are also very nice:
    https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005...4781e90bd!12000025519409246!rec!DE!714754710!

In any way make sure to order the correct shaft diameter to fit your base (I guess it will be 12.0 mm).

5. Jonno22

Jonno22 Regular Member

As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with them. I just thought there might be some better/newer ones on the market.

Maybe I just like shiny new things! Haha

SirWabbs and kakinami like this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The universal Gamma clamps are great. I don't think that switching to any of those "affordable" replacement clamps will give you a noticeable boost in any area. My personal opinion.

7. SirWabbs

SirWabbs Regular Member

Good question, I have the same machine.

Out of interest, anyone know if it is possible to upgrade the clamp base to an automatic one? And what would be suitable / what to look out for?