Beginner Rackets for Couple

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by rana_kirti, May 10, 2016.

1. rana_kirti

rana_kirti New Member

Hi Friends,

First off greetings to all in the community. Happy to be part of this.

I'm based in India and myself and my wife have just started playing badminton. Have played a few days with different rackets to realize they all feel very different and so did some research into this. From my reading i have realized that for our beginner level skill we need

1. Head Light/Even Balance
    2. Flexible/Medium

But just very confused with the variety of rackets and so many different versions in the same series as well. There are too many models and have no idea which is a current model and which is discontinued.

I'm mostly concentrating on the Yonex range and have decided to buy 1 from Nanoray and 1 from ArcSaber so we can interchange and get a feel of both series.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?

Three times a week with friends

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)

We are both small built so will focus on a more all round and defensive style of play. easy going and touch and placement based i guess.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?

Both

4. How much money do you want to spend?

$ 75 ie Rs. 5000

Looking for suggestions for 1 from Nanoray and 1 from Arcsaber series.

Thanks a ton fellas.

2. m3w78

m3w78 Regular Member

real estate
    If you're just beginning, why limit yourself to those specific models from Yonex? Yonex rackets are overpriced. And for your level of play, they aren't justifiably better than many of the mid level, affordable racket brands. I started out playing with Yonex rackets that cost well over $200. But 15 years later, I only play with rackets that cost $70 or less. There are lots of good ones out there, if you are willing to look at brands other than Yonex.

3. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

I can't speak for the Arcsaber line but I like my Nanoray 10. It was probably about $55 or 60 Canadian dollars but I got it on sale for like $30. I like it almost as much as my Bravesword 12 which cost like 6 times as much.

4. rana_kirti

rana_kirti New Member

Ended up with Arcsaber 7 with bg65 @ 22 lbs for myself and Nanoray Tour 77 with bg65 @ 22 lbs for my wife.