Beginner Badminton Racket - Which to choose?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Adam Tarleton, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Adam Tarleton

Adam Tarleton New Member

Hi all,

I played badminton to a high standard up to my mid-teens and have just got back into it (10 years later). My partner also wants to get into playing but doesn't have a racket. The issue is that I'm so out of touch with brands/models (I'm still rocking a Muscle Power 99) that I've no idea which racket would be best for her.

She's a beginner (from scratch) but I don't want to get the cheapest out there - I was thinking between £30-£60 would be good enough to last her a reasonable amount of time? Any recommendations would be fantastic as I'm so out of touch!

Thanks all,

2. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'm a big fan of the latest Adidas spieler racquets (£40 ish), or go for a £25 yonex off ebay to tide you over. Apacs imports are cheap and flexible which I'd say fits the bill for a newbie. First racquet for me is just to get into it as cheaply as possible, then spend a bit more later on, hopefully after trying a few to see what you like in the way of weight, balance etc

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

3. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

You might want to consider Astrox 38S or 38D. Its the best cheap racket I have ever tried.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

doubt there is a best racket for everyone.
    It might be best for you but not always best for other.

For begineer, just find mid flex racket with
    3U balance or 4U head heavy racket. Any brand would do good. & dont mind the complicated high tech they offer as you wont be able to tell the different nor it would help your games. Apacs, Flypower, Hiqua, Fleet, Maxbolt known for their cheap yet good quality racket.

5. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Yes you are right. I just gave my opinion about AX38S based on my experience while using it.

4U, Medium flex, and slightly head heavy. Beginner friendly, intermediate also can benefit from it.

6. audiomax

audiomax New Member

Li-Ning Windstorm 72 would be a perfect fit for her, user friendly, super light weight, and still good for both attack and defense.