BC get together @ 2005 World Championship..

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by ctjcad, Jan 3, 2005.

1. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    It looks like you all had a great time. I wish I could've been there. Unfortunately, since that was one of the only days with down time during the day, the group I was with wanted to go to Universal studios. Actually, only 1 out of the 5 wanted to go. The others, including me, wanted to go to the tournament. However, the 1 in the group is the non-badminton player and we all felt bad for her because we had been dragging her around all over California to play and watch badminton, including a couple of nights of badminton until 2 and 3 in the morning at San Gabriel. I know, I know, we should've gone Saturday but the other people in my club wanted me to spend that day with them doing some physical stuff that we did in Guangzhou (they didn't want to wake up early in the mornings with me during the rest of the week to do it!).

I did meet Kwun and Frank from the BC. Kwun was just how I pictured him, taking pictures of players and chatting with lots of people. Frank I met in the mornings when I did my work outs in the hotel fitness room. I didn't meet anyone at San Gabriel or OCBC playing though.

Hopefully, another get together will happen and I'll be able to join. Till then ;)

oh yeah, and the training center drills and such from Friday and Saturday will be posted soon. I just gotta get stuff together that have been put on hold for the past 2 months (including getting ready for school which starts in two days).

2. wukenne

wukenne Regular Member

You you! I'll get you the next time we play hehehe...that was sure fun playing you and Gunawan. Hopefully next time we play I'm not hobbling around that much and am able to help cut off some shots for my partner. All in all it was alot of fun and was great to finally get to meet fellow BCFers in person. Thanks to all who made this possible and to the people who also just showed up to say hi and meet the other members.

3. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    cool! such an envious event...

4. Tornado

Tornado Regular Member

:( I left early because I had a baseball game to watch (Redsox-Angels). Too bad we missed so many good games and fun, but we did enjoy the few games we played there. Thank you so much, Dan, for everything you did in organizing the gathering, and of course the fun game we played.

5. blindspots

blindspots Regular Member

RedDog, I was gonna play with you n your hubby, when jump_smash jumped in and paired with cory_price. I'm glad I just watched. Your smash scared me I did'nt play at all.:D You husband asked me to play, but I cant seem to find somebody I can beat except the baby that other girl was carrying. ha ha ha!

6. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT

Sorry Blindspots, Corey asked me to, didn't know some one was waiting.

7. coryprice

coryprice Regular Member

Home Depot
    I was sort of herded on to the court with you. I don't think blindsposts was too offended in the end.

Which I would like to briefly say thank you to Dan and Kwun for putting the whole thing together. Thank you to everyone that I played with. It was so nice meeting you all. I had fun, though I hadn't played for 3 months before so my game was a little blah that day.

I hadn't even exercised much in the previous 3 months, so I was also very, very sore for the last few days. But after seeing the world championships that day, I am more excited than ever to play some more again. I don't know where I am going to go out in the East hear, in NY where I live. I am trying to find a place, and then if I do, maybe I can get some other people to join a club with me. If not, maybe I will move to Arizona or California. I can't live without my regular dose of badminton!! :)

Thanks Frank, for remembering my name in the photo. It was nice meeting you, and Red Dog and your husband. You both played quite oustanding considering the circumstances we were all thrown in.

Good luck to everyone!

Cory

8. blindspots

blindspots Regular Member

no problem at all

You actually save me from embarassment. Thanks!:p

9. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Hello blindspots ! I saw you in the gym, and you were just sitting there, I felt real bad that you were not able to get on the court. I kept on asking iyang to get you to play, but he said that you did not want to. It's too bad that we didn't get to play together, but it's ok, since you don't live too far from the gym, we can just meet up and play some other time, ok? ;)

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That's the way of thinking... :p

Me, too hate the NY living environment (plus no enough badminton support from local government). Maybe we can move together, and share the cost to rent a house next to the gym. :D

11. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    hey cory sorry about forgetting your name. by the way, i found your name tag last night hanging on the pole :rolleyes: i think it's waiting for you to retrieve it

12. coryprice

coryprice Regular Member

Home Depot
    No worries jamesshieh88! I am still having a hard time remembering everyone I met

I couldn't get the name tag thing to stick on to me! :) But I gave it a valiant effort. I would love to come back and retrieve it, but moving out there is in the future right now I think, as I may be getting a promotion locally at work. Which is good, but also hurts, because I am having a hard time assuring myself of any place to play my sport come this fall. I haven't yet heard if my old club is starting up again for certain, and if not I don't know where I should go. But I shall prevail!! I hope... :rolleyes:

Cory

13. beerslayer

beerslayer Regular Member

sending resumes into black holes
    Thanks for inviting us! It was great to get out and play some badminton in SoCal, even if we had to reserve our own court (no room on the BC courts, unfortunately - lots of people showed up).

If anyone's curious, that's me, second from the extreme left in the big group pic, with the headband and the goat horns... :cool: