Badminton vision

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Magwitch, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

I wasn't sure what to call this thread. Just wondering if others had the experience I did when I started badminton. For the first three months I played I found that I often saw things much differently to the other three playing with me. Often my opponents would call a shot of ours out when it looked in by a few cm. The reason I didn't think they were cheating was that my partner would typically agree with the call, and also because the reverse would also happen, where the opponents would call their shot out when it looked in by a few cm. After three months the problem rectified itself, as when all three of the others agree on a call I nearly always see it the same.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its common in club level where no judge to make the call, Especially lower level club.
    Try to clarify this. Do they call in/out based on the last position the shuttle stop or the 1st contact to the ground. Small miss understanding like this happen on my club. Tought everyone know it & i just ignore it, afterall its not a competition where there is price to get & im not to strict to it. But after few times it happen, i just open discussion when our playtime over & funny not all know & they judge based on the last position of the shuttle.

regularAl likes this.
  3. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

It cant be helped. Different angle, different outcome. Even linesmen could call it wrong.

If you can afford to lose that point then let it be, else re-play or laugh it over later.

LenaicM likes this.