Badminton Tournament !!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Carlos G. Wilbanks, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Carlos G. Wilbanks

Carlos G. Wilbanks New Member

Hello guys,
    Our club is planning to conduct a badminton tournament. As we all are awaited for the day. The place for the tournament is set. We need to ensure the safety of the tournament.
    Last day we had a meeting and the club assigned me the duty of finding a security guard for the tournament. I searched a lot and finally found this security guard services team in Vancouver. Have anyone here approached them for their services? If yes please do share your experience.

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I think this can be moved into the Canada East subforum.

In Europe, badminton tournaments are generally peaceful affairs. Only international tournaments with thousands of spectators have security guards, and even then the guards' primary responsibility is to manage the flow of traffic into the hall and prevent fans from disturbing Lin Dan in the locker room. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a security guard at a for-fun tournament.

Sport halls are prime target for adolescents to break in and steal / vandalize stuff though, so some tournaments employ an overnight guard here.

What threats would your security guard defend against? Have you ever needed one during daytime at a tournament?