badminton tournament in Honolulu Hawaii

Discussion in 'Honolulu Badminton Club ( HBC )' started by ggbri, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ggbri

ggbri New Member

Hi, Honolulu Badminton Club is the first private club in Hawaii dedicated to the sport of badminton.

During the Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 26 - 28, 2010), we are hosting the first inaugural badminton tournament - 2010 Hawaii Badminton Open - Senior for players who are 35 years and up.

We are inviting players who are 35+, 45+ and 55+ to participate in this event.

Our club is located in Dillingham Blvd. which is right outside downtown Honolulu and is about 6 miles from Waikiki.

We house 3 badminton courts and a Pro-Shop which provides stringing service and a good selection of various badminton equipment.

There are ample parking spaces and many eateries around the Wifi equipped facility.

Hope to see you there!

Thank you for your attention,

Honolulu Badminton Club Management
    info@honolulubadminton.com

www.honolulubadminton.com

2. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Congratulations

Bravo to the first private badminton club in Hawaii. I've been waiting for this to happen since I first met and spoke with an older man from Hawaii (I think he is a Pinoy who's been living in Hawaii for many years) during the Thomas/Uber Cup in Jakarta in 2008. During our short conversation I mentioned of the idea of having to play the local tournament while vacationing in Hawaii. At that time he said there was no private gym for just badminton, he had to play at the local school gym around the island.
    We, some 20+ Indonesian badminton enthusiast from LA are interested in playing in this tournament. Do you have any information on where we should stay inexpensively? Also, what are the hours of operation for the badminton club?
    Once again, CONGRATULATION and thank you.:)

3. ggbri

ggbri New Member

That tournament was from last year 2010.

Please check our website (http://www.honolulubadminton.com/) or this forum for upcoming tournaments.

Our hours are:
    Mon-Fri: 6:00pm-10:00pm
    Sat-Sun: 4:00pm-10:00pm

Other hours are also available on special request.

Thank you for you interest!
    Honolulu Badminton Club Management

4. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Ooooopppss

Sorry, I thought it's 2011. Are you planning to have any tournament this year? During Thanksgiving weekend is perfect. I talked to Kwun this morning and told him about this tournament and he's interested also. Thanks.

5. jimmyinhawaii

jimmyinhawaii Regular Member

Badminton Tournament

There will be a badminton tournament set on 12/30/2011-1/1/2012. Please check our website for details.

www.honolulubadminton.com

Regarding any tournament around Thanksgiving Holiday, depends on how many your group of players are coming, we can always try to host it. Let us know ASAP.

6. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Thanks

Jimmy,
    I informed everyone during the practice session this past weekend about your request. They are very interested in playing a friendly tournament and taking a mini vacation in Honolulu at the same time during the Thanksgiving weekend. In the meantime, I am preparing a one-page brochure about the Honolulu Badminton Club to be distributed to all badminton lovers in LABC and SGV1. I will let you know asap on how many people would be interested in coming to Honolulu.
    Let's call this "The Pineapple Express Friendship Tourney."
    I just pm-ed you my contact infos.

Mahalo- HG :)

7. jimmyinhawaii

Thanksgiving friendly tournament

Hi HG:

I really like your name of the tournament. Very excited and looking forward to have such friendly tournament.
    We haven't posted details about the tournament in December yet, please check our website later.

8. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Thanks.
    Please PM me your contact infos.

9. jimmyinhawaii

contact info

HI HG:

please use the following email address in future:

honolulubc@gmail.com

Honolulu Badminton Club phone # is 808-354-0146.

Let us know if you have a group of players like to vacation in Hawaii and play friendly tournament around Thanksgiving Holidays or anytime in Hawaii.

10. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Got it.------------

11. jimmyinhawaii

Hi Gunawan,
    A group of Canada college group will visit Honolulu in 1-1-12 to 1-9-12,just want to see if you have any friends visiting Honolulu at that period,so that we can have a friendly team game.
    Jimmy

12. Gunawan

Gunawan Regular Member

Jimmy

I am currently in Jakarta until next week. I will ask my badminton friends to see if anyone is interested in going during the same time. BTW, Irwan from Honolulu just moved to LA and currently plays at LABC. Thanks.