Badminton Forum newbie here ^^

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by BoboTheBadder, Mar 14, 2004.

1. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Hey all, thought I'd start entering this forum by posting in the... *gasp* introductions section. So... a little about myself.

I'm a student, currently in my senior year at the University of Arizona. Majors are molecular and cellular biology and computer science and my minors are music, Chinese, and chemistry; so if any of you are into any of those things I'll gladly chit chat with you about them. ^.^

I'm 20 years old, been playing badminton for about 5 months total now (started playing consistently this semester). My parents are the ones who got me into it, since they thought I was getting too fat. I guess all that ping pong I played wasn't enough of a workout. :D My dad's been playing badminton for a long time now while my mom and I are pretty newbie at it. I'm just a typical club player, but I've met a lot of fun people and had a lot of good times playing so far for these past few months. I've actually been following this forum for awhile now, but I tend to be a ghost on forums I check since I never post. I guess I got bored, and since I'm not going home this spring break (this week), I decided I'd stop by and post in here. There seem to be a lot of easy-going fun people who love badminton like me, and people who might be able to help me get that Cab20 I've been looking for to make it worth my while. :p

Umm... my favorite badminton player is Xia Xuanze. I've also been a competitive (trying to stay away from the word professional) computer gamer for the past few years. And I think I've ran out of stuff to say since my brain is fried since it's 3:30 in the morning, not to mention this post probably sounds really dull so I'll shut up now. So... HI EVERYONE ^^

Fin

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Fin,

For a sleep-deprived multi-major student, you sound pretty lucid at this hour:) Welcome to BF.com! Glad to finally hear from you. Yeah, keep up regular with baddy, eventually it'll slim you down... it's the nature of the game. As for the CAB20, you're in for a treat... it's coming back in some regions, perhaps Yonex might find it in their heart to release it in the US market. In the mean time, keep tabs on the forum, you might find the relevent information to hook you up with one.

BTW, how's the weather in Arizona right now?

Ming

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome to BCBF.. enjoy your stay in this badminton family :)

4. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Welcome to BF Bobo!!

5. BoboTheBadder

Student
    haha Ming, my name isn't actually Fin. It's Chao. Fin is just "end" in French. ^^

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. People here are all so friendly. It's good to know they're coming back out with the Cab20. I've been wanting to try it since I'm using a Cab21 at the moment, and for me those are probably the two "classic" rackets.

As for the weather here, it just got hot. It's been around 80 with the high at 90, whereas like 4 days ago the highs were 70. I have no idea what happened... but it's Arizona so I'm used to it. I'm just dreading the days when it's going to be 115 or so.

Chao

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Chao,

And it's suppose to be spring time for you guys, eh:p?.

Ming

7. BoboTheBadder

Student
    Yes sir! I'm on Spring Break right now.

8. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    Hi Baddy, join the club Im a ex-gamer too however I quit for academic reasons so I spend my time procrastinating on this badminton forum I must say this is a really nice forum :D , and Im in Uni too Im studying Biomedical Science and this wont come as a surprise but this forum sure beats doing homework :D

Good Luck with the Badminton and the Wieght Loss
    P.S I did psychology last year, and statisically most girls favour wealth over looks so dun worry too about your looks Baddy ;)

9. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    OOPS! I meant Badder sorry Bobo :eek:

10. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

That's right, Bobo. Quit worrying about how you look and start looking for ways to make obscene loads of moolah. Chicks dig 'em:D. BTW, Hiphop is constantly looking for the next Eminem. Could you be the 'Next One':D?

11. BoboTheBadder

Student
    yes yes. I could be the AZN Eminen :p

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The story on ur website is a heart broken one...

Man, I feel really bad after I read it... Feel sorry... :(

13. sheelay

sheelay Regular Member

Student
    hey..i am also new here. but anyway, welcome to BC.com. HOpe that u will enjoy this game as much as i do!