Badminton England Funding

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by racketman123, Dec 9, 2016.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Just goes to show what a joke badminton England have turned into. 100% not worth donating to. There are players who are overlooked and not picked through favouritism in the system that could have went on to be more talented. BE is ridiculous.

2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    you realize this is badminton you're giving to, right? bwahahaha!!
    if i gave directly to a federation i would need a seat on the board because, given the track record of how federations spend money, i hate waste caused by ignorant decision making... or i would stipulate where my money must be applied. then again, that also means i'd want to keep an eye on them to make sure it goes where i want. realistically that won't happen.

i would not give directly to a player. it's a roller coaster ride i don't have time for. worrying about their state of mind and physical condition month after month, year after year, is no fun at all. it's a gamble and i'm not a gambler.

i like giving my time & $ directly to making the tournaments happen. everybody needs tournaments to exist: players & fans. it's the whole point of the sport and the most fun for us non-athletes.

my ultimate goal is to start & completely fund a new federation in my home country because, well, don't get me started on how the current one operates... :mad:

3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

agree to first point.
    agree to second point, provided you appoint me 'SuperMightyImperial President of the Fun Department' in your federation. no extra salary needed..take care of my food (i eat whatever whenever...only 5-6 times a day) and stay arrangements (i can sleep on the courts) ;)
    say, why don't we form our own brand new country??? all top players will immigrate to our nation lol!

4. Dimo

Dimo Regular Member

Pre-Raphaelite & Classic Art
    It does seem a bit of an embarrassment to have to take this road. I guess some desperate thinking has taken place and it's the only answer they came up with (?). Does it not raise the question that sports should source ways to be self-funding anyway? As to where BE plucked the £20,000 sum from is anyone's guess. I can't see that amount lasting long before further funding becomes necessary - a bit like some crowdfunding projects that under-estimate financial needs and have to come back for more. Doesn't look good.

When it comes to the possibilities of sponsorship, 99% of companies will only do so for exposure and promotions opportunities. If BE gets rolling on this they surely could negotiate and reach agreements with one or more businesses. I wonder how much effort is made in this direction considering the sponsor of the NBL (Bell) will surely have realised the league gets scant exposure, and if they've any commercial sense at all will surely be asking questions. Is there someone at BE sufficiently business-minded and motivated to get on the case with the sole aim of elevating badminton higher up the sporting ladder?

5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    in a word... no.

6. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    To be fair i feel sorry for current juniors that have potential ... because they are currently at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I just dont understand how initiation such as taipei has done so well with less funding in comparison to uk

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Different training, different culture amongdt players I guess

8. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Hopefully the two wins for Ouseph and the Adcocks will give Badminton England some encouragement for the future.