Badminton Courts near Gangnam-Gu, Seoul

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by GREGORG, Feb 14, 2017.

1. GREGORG

GREGORG New Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an indoor badminton court in or near Gangnam-Gu that welcomes visitors (non-members). We are staying at the Imperial Palace Hotel.

Many thanks for your help!

Gerald

2. event

event Regular Member

The closest thing to you is likely the Gangnam YMCA. It's just down the street 300m south of you. It's #6 on this list, which says there is a club that plays from 6-8:30AM. The Daejin Gym has a club that plays in the evenings and another that plays in the daytime. You can get there on the Bundang Line and walk 800m from Daemosan Stn, or transfer to the #3 line and get off at Daecheong Stn. It's #14 on that same list.

3. event

event Regular Member

For directions to that Daejin gym on Google maps, click here, but Google doesn't show you that it is a gym. Badmintontimes says there is a club that plays there in the early morning and also in the evening but I don't know what the gym is used for during the day but the sign on the front of it says it is also sometimes used for basketball. There is also a club that plays in the gym of Jinseon Girls' Middle School. Google shows you directions to the girls' high school, which is adjacent. In the case of a school, a club rents it but in most such cases, the club has let me, as a visitor, play once without paying. In exactly one case, the renting club has asked me for a visitor fee of a few thousand won. The Daejin Gym is a public facility. In the satellite cities, these all have machines where you pay an entry charge of 1000-2500 won but I don't know how it works in Seoul.

4. GREGORG

GREGORG New Member

Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Vu.p26

Vu.p26 New Member

Hello, I just recently moved to South Korea. Anywhere to play? Time/Day? I am currently in Gangnam. Please advise, and also, I do not speak or read Han-gul.

6. event

event Regular Member

How about the two places mentioned above? They are still there, as far as I can tell. Directions are there for Google Maps. Just replace the Imperial Hotel with your location. Let us know what you find.

blabl likes this.
  7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks for your help and thanks for the reply.