Back To Training!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by RJCMGP, Aug 24, 2003.

1. RJCMGP

RJCMGP Regular Member

student/busser
    I am back to training after the month and a half break that wasn't supposed to happen. I played last night....I played 6 matches, plus some smashing exercises. All in all, it was about 2 hours and 15 minute, just like it usually is. My smashes and clears, my backhand, everything was so rusty and weak. I could see a huge improvment in every shot and in power by the end of the practice. Today, however, I am sooo sore. I always hate the firt week back in training. I don't usually have such a long break, but my coach had to go away for sme of the summer. I am playing at an adult club tonight that I am a member too. The club is just starting up again. Then, monday to friday I have an intense volleyball camp that is always killer. It is 8 hours a day of volleyball, cardio training, etc. My body is going to hate me after this week. Is there any way to ease my body. I would rather not be extremley sore going INTO camp. What do you guys do? There has got to be some way to ease my body's soreness, right, right? I would love it if someone replied really fast as I am going out in 5 hours for badminton. Thanks a bunch, Rachelle

#1 RJCMGP, Aug 24, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  2. superv97

superv97 Regular Member

Business Manager
    Wow, that is going to a killer week. I would suggest as much rest as you can possibly get. I would also try to get some chinese oil. It works fairly well of sore and stiff muscles. Another thing to remeber is you should try to eat six small meals per day to keep your muscles fueled with lots of energy. Nutrition is the biggest factor in how you feel the next day after a workout. I would even reccomend getting a good multi-vitamin. After an intence workout a good recommendation would be a banana, and drink lots of water. Hope this helps and enjoy your week.

3. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

1. Buy some Voltaren Gel, or generic brand.
    2. Apply before and after training and before bed.

This stuff is really good, both your typical heat cream and Chinese hot patches are based on methyl salicylate which basically gives some temporary pain relief. Whilst theorectically Voltaren is only good for the same, it does make you feel significantly better the same day. However you don't get that stinging sensation which somehow makes you think that it's working :p