Avoiding Crossovers

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jonno22, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Jonno22

Jonno22 Regular Member

When stringing I am trying to avoid "crossovers" when threading into the shared grommets at the bottom of a racquet, yet somehow keep finding the strings crossing. Is there a guaranteed way to prevent this or is it simply unavoidable at times?

2. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Which pattern are you using? Assuming Yonex, what I do is to weave the first couple of crosses before finishing the last mains. That way you can easily make sure the part where you get 3 strings between the same 2 grommets are laying flat and not crossed over.

The other thing to think about is where you have shared holes, with a string already crossing the previous grommet hole. I generally make the string exit the grommet below the covering string. This is because on the next shared hole, I will lift the existing string with my string mover, and thread the cross string underneath it. That way the cross string is below the main string on both grommets, so no crossovers.

Hopefully that makes sense, if not I can do some pics!

3. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

What i did is pass the cross string at B9 and B10 below the covering string as mention by emjay.

4. Paul Martell

Paul Martell New Member