Asian Games 2006 Draws

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by badMania, Nov 18, 2006.

1. NgauNgau

NgauNgau Regular Member

Student
    AARRGGHH!!! What luck!!

WHAT??!!!! Oh MAN!! My tuition teacher finally changed the time from the afternoon to the morning on Wednesday, so then I can watch the Final!! And now China and Malaysia are to meet during semi-final stage??!!! AARRGGH!!! I've got tuition on that day too!!!! And Tuesday and Wednesday are the only days that I've got tuition on!! I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE MY LUCK!!!

2. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    where is the source ?

3. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    WHAT!? :confused: :eek: they shouldn't redraw! there was no need :D :p

4. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I would like to know too! :eek: anyone please :D

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

i read it from today news paper, The Berita harian, Sing chew also reported ....The Chief Choach Yap K H was so mad about it,....and they are protesting.......:mad:

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Undian terbaru bertemu China di separuh akhir; Malaysia kemuka bantahan

IMPIAN yang bermula indah, kini tiba mimpi ngeri yang cuba menghantui.
    [​IMG]
    Buat skuad badminton lelaki negara, laluan untuk menempah tiket ke final sebelumnya nampak terbuka luas. Tetapi ‘angkara’ mainan penganjur, ia kini dipenuhi ranjau.

Undian awal di Kuala Lumpur, 18 November lalu, meletakkan Malaysia selaku pilihan kedua di belakang China dan dijadual bertemu Korea Selatan pada separuh akhir andainya merajai saingan awal Kumpulan C.

Pada undian sama, China yang diramal muncul juara kumpulan A, akan menentang naib juara terbaik daripada tiga kumpulan kelayakan awal yang bersaing pada peringkat play-off.

Namun semalam, ketua jurulatih, Yap Kim Hock, berang apabila mendapat tahu aturan itu sudah diubah, dengan Malaysia diundi bertemu China pada separuh akhir.

Berdasarkan kekuatan dimiliki ketika ini, ia harus mampu menjejaskan peluang layak ke final kerana di atas kertas, China memiliki kemantapan serba seimbang untuk menidakkan peluang terbaik Malaysia.

“Saya tidak faham bagaimana pertukaran undian ini boleh berlaku. Kita semua sudah saksikan undian di Kuala Lumpur lalu. Malah semua pasukan menghantar wakil ke majlis undian berkenaan.

“Tetapi ketika ini kami dimaklumkan undian sudah berubah dan Malaysia dijadual bertemu China pada peringkat separuh akhir. Alasan dikemukakan ialah ketua hakim kejohanan tidak hadir.

“Kami sudahpun mengemukakan bantahan dan ia akan dibincangkan dalam mesyuarat pengurus pasukan, esok (hari ini). Jika ditolak, kami akan mengemukakan bantahan kepada Persekutuan Badminton Asia,” katanya ketika ditemui, semalam.

Sebelumnya, skuad lelaki negara diakui memiliki peluang terbaik untuk ke final dan cuba menamatkan kemarau 32 tahun emas pada temasya Sukan Asia.

Andainya tetap gagal dalam bantahan, Lee Chong Wei dan rakan-rakan tidak punya pilihan lain, kecuali menidakkan situasi terkini demi memastikan impian tersimpan, tetapi mampu ditukar jadi realiti.

As Reported in Berita Harian 29/11/2006

7. arice_MAS

arice_MAS Regular Member

student
    i think it not fair n also pity to malaysia team.whatever happen...i know malaysia boleh!!

8. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

I think Korean should be seeded behind Indoneisa..it should be China, Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea..

I do not see why Korean is seeded higher than Indonesia...from MS and MD, Indonesia is much better than Korean

9. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    Redraw??!! omg,the event is going to begin this Friday and they redraw at this time??!!

Ok,be positive.....our team has to meet China sooner or later,this is a chance to prove Malaysia Boleh!!

10. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

I prefer to see the draw should be seeded like this:

China(1) vs Korea(4)
    Malaysia(2) vs Indonesia(3)
    I know that Indonesia is protesting to get seeded 3...

11. blessing

blessing Regular Member

Walao.. wat the hack is going on le.. damn unfair.. wat kind of asian games is dat?! can say dat its > 5 stars event.. said redraw then redraw.. they never consider of others' feeling.. their head ampire is not there is his bussiness la.. others can b their witness there.. redraw might b a good news to indo.. but wat about MALAYSIA??? if i am Yap Kim Hock i'll even make a banner n protest like those antis of Chen SHui Bian in taiwan.. Ish....~!!!!!

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, this is amazing-i really don't know what's going on during the drawing process..

...and i really don't know how in the world the ABC people do their draw for this AG, but i can assuredly tell, all the top contenders are trying to avoid CHN before the Finals...wow, i wonder what would happen if they put KOR squad in the same group as CHN and has to face them in the Semis(i'm sure they will be up in arms also)...:rolleyes: :p
    So, with this new draw, is MAS in the same group as CHN??which group will MAS be in??..Anyone has any further info on this??..This is confusing the heck for everybody..:rolleyes: :( :p

#152 ctjcad, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  13. indra

indra Regular Member

re-re-redraw:D :D INA is not afraid at all....This is a relief for CHINA Team, finally they can take a breath, not meeting INA in SEMI FINAL:D

There should be 2 groups, rather than 3

14. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    just read the New Straits Times, that the original draw has been restored...

15. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Thursday/Sport/20061130104312/Article/index_html

Asian Games: Original draw restored
    30/11/06, 11:31:56

Arnaz M. Khairul

MALAYSIA eased their way out, momentarily, of the controversy surrounding the badminton draw and coach Yap Kim Hock assured that he will take nothing for granted by fielding his best squad in the opening match of the Group C team event against Japan at the Aspire Dome today.

Just half the battle was won when the organisers, in the team managers' meeting yesterday, accepted Malaysia's protest against a reversal of the official draw conducted in Kuala Lumpur on Nov 18, which meant that the winners of Group C would meet the winners of Group A, China's group, in the semi-final, instead of the original plan to have them meet the winner of a play-off between three group runners-up.

The original draw was restored yesterday and now it is South Korea, who had benefitted from the sudden about turn by the organisers two days ago, who are fuming mad, but with Malaysia now avoiding the possibility of meeting China a stage earlier then they'd like to, have to ensure that all the effort hasn't gone to waste. They begin with the task against Japan today.

"We're relieved that the original draw has been restored as the change would have really affected our preparations. We've planned everything according to the original draw, and if they simply changed it the way they did, we just could not accept it," said team manager Francis Siow.

"I was actually confident that the last-minute decision was turned because the original draw was conducted in a very open manner and representatives of all teams were present, unlike the sudden change, which was done without our knowledge.

"They've also decided on another change, to begin the singles tournament as soon as the team semi-finals are completed.

"They claim this was to avoid complications with ticket sales. It seems complicated, but for us we accepted because none of our singles players are involved in the opening rounds."

Courtesy of New Straits Times

this is the original article.... hope it helps...

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Fire the teacher...hahahaha! The game is more important!

17. NgauNgau

NgauNgau Regular Member

Student
    LOL, will be dead meat when Mum caught me...:D

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#158 ctjcad, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

:D
    So now the CHN Team have to worry about INA Team,......they are likely to meet in Semi Final......:D goood for INA to beat CHN .....:D :D or CHN to beat INA :D :D ......

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Seem like they are still too professional to be unprofessional!!!!!!!!:D :mad: :D :mad: