Asian Badminton Championships 2006: Final (02/04)

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by badMania, Apr 1, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei vs Boonsak Ponsana -- close candidate for match of the final as well.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah -- as one of you aptly put it....the master vs the apprentice.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Wang Chen vs Kaori Mori -- Wang should win

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Du Jing/Yu Yang -- some said Du/Yu has 80% chance of winning...which I think is too exaggerating. Iin terms of experience and ranking, Chien/Cheng remains the favorite. Chien/Cheng has troubled the top Chinese pairs.

MIXED DOUBLES

Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam (MATCH OF THE FINAL) -- hope I can watch it...the only chance for Team Indonesia to claim a title.

2. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, not through RTM unless you wanna watch ACPC final.:D

3. x50926x

x50926x Regular Member

Student
    Well, you can always ask someone with Starhub Cable for live scoring...:p

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Where is Ong Soon Hock?

Noticed Bin Shen have been partnered with Chew Choon Eng latel, where is the origin partner, Ong Soon Hock? is he injured or what????:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Can any of U tell me ? pls

5. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hahaha...ok...cool...thanks:cool:

6. alloh

alloh Regular Member

I think Boonsak has great chance to win the title. Because I still can see the tired on LCW after CWG then direct to this ABC.

7. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing never beaten China WD pairs.
    Now DU/YU's ranking points is 17520 while CYC/CWH is 25311, but you must notice, DU/YU only have five( not six ,exclude Asian Championships 2005 ) mathches record.simply calculate, their ranking poins should be 10*17520/5=35040 if they have ten mathches record.

At the quarter of 2006 Swiss Open, DU/YU beat CYC/CWH 11:15 15:6 15:8. And DU/YU is the wd champion of 2006 swiss open.
    So DU/YU should have more chance to get the wd title:)

#7 SmartCivet, Apr 1, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  8. SmartCivet

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    IF DU/YU get the WD titile ,their ranking points will be 21720, they will rank the tenth,advance ten place from 20th.

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Can someone video of this for me please? I am intrigued!!

Who is the favourite? Do one country dominate?

10. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

Read from newspaper the other day, he is injured for sometimes i think.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I still hope they will lose :D

12. SmartCivet

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    I know,you are Indonesian! you support indo!you always hope china will lose!but at the most time,you always feel disappointed.after all, china always take the most titles of badminton international games.:D

I think you should be very joyless in NOV,6,2005. The china players sweep all the titles in hongkong open.your Location shows "Hong Kong", I think you would see the scene.

#12 SmartCivet, Apr 1, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  13. winex8888

winex8888 Regular Member

Does anyone know the sequence of the finals matches?

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Don't get so worked up buddy. Don't vent all your frustration on me just because two of China's women's singles "suprisingly" lost to "supposedly more experienced" opponents. :rolleyes:

Of course, China is still the dominant team in world badminton and everyone (including me) has the "eyes" to see that. There is no need to brag about it! I can live with Chinese players winning titles, but I would prefer to see upsets especially in the ladies event :D

You will feel a slight tinge of disappointment if the team you support loses, and sport is not always about winnings :cool: Also, winning and losing in the racquet games are pretty common. So, I don't really get too excited or upset easily when watching racquet games.

My personal experience tells me that badminton is still not the sport that gives me extreme heartache or joy. Taufik winning (losing) the Olympic gold or the Indonesian team winning (losing) the Thomas Cup do not really generate enough joy (heartache) for me....as much the victory that Manchester United got in the Champions League in May 1999 + the treble they achieved in that year. The later event was so filled with drama that it is easily my happiest moment as a fan of any sporting event!

Or try this for heartache....your team is leading all the way up to the final day and were up 1-0 till the last few minutes of the season...then the unexpected happened...2 goals scored in the dying minutes. Your team eventually lost the league title at the last few moments to your most bitter-rival! Even worse case: you lose the league only because of 1 goal difference.

Those 2 scenarios happened to the other team that I support....and those were really terrible feeling! Coupled with the fact that in one of the scenarios....you were initially going for 4 titles...including a prestigous European title (lost the final in injury time)....but ended up with nothing at the end of the season! Easily my worst moments as a football fan!

So...my advice to u....take it easy mate!

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Usually...its XD, WS, MS, WD, MD.

16. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Butet

Hey, BadMania why do you call Natsir butet? strange name... never heard that name before? any special history??

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

OK, I got 8/10 correct for the SF. Really thought the SIN pair would upset the THAI pair in XD. Nevertheless, my final predictions:

Lee Chong Wei vs Boonsak Ponsana - LCW 60% (is he carrying an injury?)
    Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah - CTF/LWW 75% (men teach boys how to handle final pressure)
    Wang Chen vs Kaori Mori -- Wang should win - WC 95% (thanks for showing up Kaori)
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Du Jing/Yu Yang - Du/Yu 55% (rested youngsters edge it out)
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam - Nova/Butet 70% (superior and in better form)

18. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

What a bad forecast for the Indonesian Thomas Cup contingent. None of them make it to the final :(. PBSI better starts planning something. The Indonesian team performance is abysmal compared to Malaysia. Aaaarrggghhh, I'm soooo MAD. They should just fire all those incompetent fools admin in PBSI!

Hope Nova/Lilyana will win and save the Indonesian team face. What a shame if they did not bring back a single title in this competition.

*PRAYING REALLY REALLY HARD*

19. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Don't worry, Choong-Lee only beat Luluk-Alven in 3 games, but I think the home crowd factor contributed a lot to Malaysian's success in the competition, for example, Hoon-Tan vs Chandra-Sigit, Chandra-Sigit significantly did not display their level.

20. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    NOt sure whether he is injured, but he is not in form, you could see that today, from his match against Park Sung Hwan, as he didn't have any training after the Commonwealth Games