AS2 vs mavis 350

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by om patel, Apr 4, 2022.

1. om patel

om patel Regular Member

At my club there are usually feather shuttles to use for members which are used but still playable, Ive been plAying with AS2 feather for the last 5 months now and get clear it back to the last line easily with
    Bit power . But when it comes to nylon mavis 350 i hit it with alll my power and it goes straight to the person in hand to do what he pleases and gets a point , i cant clear it or put it where i want .
    Why is this? Most the older plAyers at the club want to plY nylon few courts play feather but are advanced players .

2. puttguy

puttguy Regular Member

The only reason to play nylon shuttles is the cost saving due to initial cost and resistance to breaking.
    The corks are lower quality so will need more energy to make the shuttle fly the same distance.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

om patel likes this.
  3. om patel

om patel Regular Member

I play with use feathers shuttles at the club and most of them are pretty beaten up but playable . But love the feel sound ans how the feather travels . Usually its the AS2

i play daily 2hours but for fun but serious games.

i dislike 350 cause the amount of power you need to put into the shot to clear it , for me it just goes straight to the plAyer

should i get the mavis 2000 nylon or any other feathers out there compare to AS2 for that price range ? Or should i just invest in as3-5 or 30s -50s
    ?

4. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    @om patel
    Is the cork quality really a significant factor here?

When hit, nylon shuttles do not turn around as quickly as a good feather does. So, it is catching more air at the start of its flight. Also, when a feather shuttle is struck with an adequate force, as it would be for a clear, the feather skirt becomes a bit more streamlined at the start of his flight. Nylon shuttles do not do this very well. For these two reasons, it requires a bit more effort to get a nylon shuttle to go as fast or as far as a feather shuttle does.