Armortec 900 Power or ArcSaber 10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by human_838, Oct 18, 2008.

1. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

26lbs would be good enough unless u r PRO where u get sponsors or u r damm RICH!!!
    When I am using 28lbs, my string breaks less than a week(3-4day)!! I m going to be broke soon :p

btw. 3 hours a day is not that long .. u wont have to quit ur job and divorced... i had a job too.. but only gf.. and i can still adjust the time.. 9-5work .. 5.30-9 badminton 9.30-1am for gf .... lol!!!

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    hahahahhaa....but i have a daughter :p and she will never let me go to play badminton unless Tuesday and Thursday :D 8-5 work, 5-10 my family and 10-2 is browsing time :p I f i could turn back the time i'll play as many as i can like you ;)
    For 28 or even 26, my string break quite often (bg66/80). So i change my string to NBG98 and now durability problem is over :D

3. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    (Upset)

Geez about 5 - 10 minutes ago... I was wandering when my string cut... Shall I shift to BG66... And then read your thread that sayy... BG66 + Arc10 = Durability Problem T_T... I don't want to be broke... :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

4. chaos2blue

chaos2blue Regular Member

I still prefer BG80.. price is satisfy beside BG80 & NBG98 both are repulsive string also BG80 string being thicker can last long like NBG98 .. :p

5. Openg

Openg Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe it because ARC10 has the newest frame technology, thats why it has different character than other yonex ...:)

6. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Well... NBG98 isn't available at my local store xD... I thought they were Japanese thing? Maybe I should go for BG66... (Since I'm using 24 - 25 lbs only xD... It should be fine)

7. Openg

Openg Regular Member

Engineer
    If you are live in jakarta , you can buy it in pasar pagi lama :D
    Its about Rp.110.000,- :)

8. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    hey durability issue is not with arc only but with all my racket :D Bg66 is very good but too often break (for me) :(
    yeah, BG80 is better durability than BG66 but they snap also after 2 months :( but i found control and feel in BG80 is better but repulsion still BG66 better
    Yeah, i feel that quite reasonable... i miss that point :D
    Jakarta and Surabaya i think is available, dont know other city :D
    24-25 of course more durable than 26-28 so go for it :D BG66 still a benchmark from Yonex string....top class and cheap :D
    Rp 115.000 with stringer sevice :D so maybe you get more cheaper than me :D
    Arc 10 with red NBG98 is great looking :D very cool :cool: :D

9. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Geez... I though NBG95 (70k in Surabaya :crying:, My RSL got one when they're having a sale though xD 60k for the NBG95 Yippie!!!:p xD) is expensive -_-x... Now I found out NBG98 is even worse xD >.<... Nah I'll stay with my BG68Ti (60k in Surabaya)... / Experimenting the BG66 (forgot the price lol xD) xD...

10. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    For Surabaya you can ask Tony from Citra sport Darmo :D string is personal also, my favorite might not same for you :D if BG68Ti suit you then stay with it. BG 66 is 43k jkt :D btw we are out of topik....sorry mod :p

11. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Yea... this thread is pretty much over xD with your review, but I believe this thread will still be a good use for those who probably want to talk about their beloved Arc10 vs AT900P. I believe the power on AT900 is still available to be caught. If we can accomodate the 3 joints of badminton xD... At least that's my physics friend would say. (Shoulder + Elbow + Wrist = Sonic Boom)

@issarakaya
    Address? pls xD (Complete one would be lovely) and... are they expensive? :crying: I'm a student and a student is a broke guy lol xD... so I'm broke >.<

12. Changsta

Changsta Regular Member

Whats the Price for the Yonex Arcsaber 10 in Malaysia? (RM):confused:

13. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    I really fail to understand. Theoretically you will be able to move faster. In reality, it doesn't make a god damned difference. You guys exagerate it so much that it seems like you have a boulder attached on the end.

Says who? get the racquet to adapt to you, not make yourself adapt to the racquet. Most people, except for like weaklkings will be able to use the at900p for atleast hte whole session...i fail to understand why head heavies are thought of as having boulders on the end.

You can achieve the same drops with any other racquet.

When was this "CONSIDERED" to be the hardest racquet to adapt to? Give me 10 mins and i'm good. Changing from something headlight to something head heavy may take longer. But IIRC arc10 is head heavy

14. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

troll alert? xtc604

15. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Couldn't agree more :D...

I feel like so many people praised arc10 too much ... Although I could say yes... It's good but don't forget the most significant factor which is called...

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I'm not really gonna refute with everything but....
    Dropshots: it's easier with a headlight racquet because less momentum makes the racquet easier to slow down and be deceptive.
    ARC10 I agree, is an easy racquet to use, but I remember it feeling even balanced.

17. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Troll? i'm stating facts.
    Yep, thats right. Most noobs always pray to god and spend all their hardearned dough on the latest gear, even though it might not be the most suitable. Whenever any new racquet comes, most noobs always come in running with them. And i mean 90% of the arc10 owners i've seen are noobs. Why?! why do "they" always jump on them!

You could also put it this way, let the head weight of the racquet give you your drop. In that case, most of the angle and deceptiveness would come from wrist work. Despite theoretically it should be easier with a headlight, in reality, the difference is very small, specially with drops. The energy you exert to slow down a head heavy racquet compared to a headlight is probably...negligible. mmmm, i think the arc10 is between MINOR headheavy to EVEN balance.

18. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    Wowo... relax man xD I believe no one is waging any problems .... Anyway I believe they're not so bad. Some people might want to look good with those shiny gears. What I say a 180$ gears.... Shiny xD... But believe me they might not be that bad... I'd say some people are loving badminton so much... That's why they're in BC... That's what made the forum lives... People share their ideas. 180$ doesn't mean so much for some people. Maybe they worked for the companies... And they are not noobs.

That's what the Yonex Selection Chart said.

I'd say Arc10 was just a racquet. No difference for the others. If you can't play... Any racket will be the same. Even if you can play... I don't say that those racket give something for you... So much variables around us that can make us being a good players. And making a list? Don't even think about it :p.

19. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Let's just say that the racket is certainly a variable on the list but if we rank it, we all agree that it will not be ranked very high.

20. mikefly

mikefly Regular Member

Programmer
    Arc10

Just bought Arc10 last week, and tried at last Friday. Before this, i used Protech and Prince rackets. The first experience is very different, and feeling odd, as compare to my old rackets. I felt that Arc10 is heavier than my previous, but not as heavy as AT900P (tried that too, my friend bought one, strung at 26lbs). The smash is powerful will arc10, AT is slightly powerful, and smashes are more heavier and diagonal. But speed wise, Arc10 is far faster than AT900P,Manuver is very very good with Arc10, AT900P is too slow for defense compared with Arc10. In context of Control, Arc10 is the best, i did backhand drop shot, slides, front net very smooth, with little effort, use ur Arc10 to do those tricky shots that normally u dun dare to do, cause most of the time shots are not sucessfully executed, with Arc10 u can do ur creative and trick shots very well. One thing, i find similarity of both, and that is the hitting sound ;).
    The first an hour i played, i felt a bit hard, heavy and making my arm tired, but after few more hours its slowly gave me the power and smoothness in playing. The next day, i tot i will hurt my arm, give me muscle pain, but its aint, my arm feel okay, no pain at all, i am suprise.
    Overall, i think Arc10 is a good racket for me, fyi, i am just an amature player, not a good player, will loss stamina in after one or two hours played. Good racket.
    tq.