Armortec 800, AT800 special Stringing Pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kjnfmk, Feb 12, 2024.

1. kjnfmk

kjnfmk New Member

hi new to the forum, I have had this racket for a long time and it was given to me by a dear family friend who is no longer with us, I treasure this racket so much because he was the one who got me hooked on badminton a year ago my strings broke and here in Rome it is very difficult to find someone who strung badminton rackets so I had it strung by a tennis store that sometimes also made badminton rackets, reading around on the forum randomly I found out that this particular racket has a particular pattern that gives it more resistance in case of collision with other rackets, can anyone tell me how exactly is this pattern? great thanks in advance

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hello and welcome to BadmintonCentral! :)

From pictures I find online it looks like a regular 76hole pattern. Where did you read that it requires some sort of special treatment?

If you're worried about the quality of the stringing you got from the store, feel free to post some pictures (use the "upload a file" button) of your racket, also showing the sides of the frame where the strings are running from hole to hole.

kjnfmk and speCulatius like this.
  3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

AT800 String Patern001_resize.jpg
    Maybe at that time 76 holes were not "normal" yet? Or Yonex marketing trying to make things sound more special? Or I am missing something....

Edit: I just realized it's also old enough to be top down.

akatsuki2104, kjnfmk and s_mair like this.
  4. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

The text at the top left of your picture (that you can barely make out if you squint) gives the answer : 76 holes was a new thing at the time

s_mair likes this.
  5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I know that. What I do not know if that is the reason for the confusion about the special stringing pattern. That part is just an assumption.

offbad likes this.
  6. kjnfmk

kjnfmk New Member

from https://www.badmintonalley.com/Yonex_Armortec_800_OF_p/racket-yonex-at800f.htm
    "Damage to the top of a racquet through contact with a partner’s racquet characterizes the doubles game. The Single-pass Grommet Hole Construction puts more grommet holes at the top of the frame at the 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock position, creating a unique single-pass stringing pattern for Armortec-800 that builds 7% more durabil-ity upward in the frame for greater protection against contact damage."

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/armortec-stringing-pattern.17233/

became paranoid from this:
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...-800-discontinued-due-to-design-defect.40175/
    i was like "imagine if from the start maybe the racquet had factory defects and in addition it was strung badly"

7. kjnfmk

kjnfmk New Member

pics:

8. kjnfmk

kjnfmk New Member

9. kjnfmk

kjnfmk New Member

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First:
    Belive me, this actually works fine, that's why I wrote it. ;)

Second, there is no need to be paranoid. That string job is done according to the recommended pattern and looks fine.

In general it's of course always a risk using a racket of high personal value in doubles. As Yonex correctly notes:
    One clash will be enough to kill each and every racket out there, no matter if strung correctly or not.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Definitely.

This kills a racquet.

The other thing that weakens a badminton racquet is placing it vertically on the ground with the head on the floor and leaning on top of it.

DarthHowie and s_mair like this.
  12. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    But i thought i could use the racket like a walking cane as i get older or after a tiring rally.. :eek:

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Of course you can. Good reason to keep changing racquets :)