Are Yonex' Voltric, Duora and Nanoray series on their way out?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Tristero, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Tristero

Tristero New Member

General Yonex question here. Am I right in my understanding that Voltric, Duora and Nanoray are about to be phased out? Looks to me like:

Voltric => Astrox
    Nanoray => Nanoflare
    Duora => Arcsaber for the balance, dropping the two-sidedness altogether as it was a bad idea from the get-go

Am I right about the above stated assumptions? Thanks for your input!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The voltric and nanoray series were phased out a long time ago.

Duora was actually the Arcsaber replacement, but I guess Yonex just brought Arcsaber back since they realized Duora was kind of just its own thing with the double racquet profiles.

pootisfoib likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

But to me all that is just a marketing strategy.

Voltric to Astrox. At some point yes, Astrox is the current HH range model but they never been the same. Marketed as faster HH racket but never mention power drop in exchange for speed. It just trend setting by Yonex that a now standard is fast pace games not a power hunger games.

Arcsaber successor planned to be Duora but in the end it fail. Duora had its own characteristic that some like & dislike but in the end Duora itself had pass its era without successor...yet. While Arcsaber popularity still high, eventually they get back to the old arcsaber, add up some salt & papper here & there & release the next Arcsaber.

Thats what i tought.

pootisfoib and skhai91 like this.
  4. Tristero

Tristero New Member

Thank you both.

Interesting. At least Nanoray 200 is still listed with Yonex in my country. The other series can still be found in shops, but have vanished from Yonex' website. Good for me, though. I recently bought a couple Duora Pro models at a 50% discount. Is the new Arcsaber 11 Pro better? Maybe yes, but only by a tiny little bit. But every Duora Pro supersedes the respektive Arcsaber Tour significantly, not to mention the even lower offerings.

5. scamp

scamp Regular Member

Badminton rackets marketing is a racket!

Tons of nonsense about power, control and suitability for different levels. Granted, different weights, strings and balance etc provide differences, but reading through so much blurb you're led to believe a particular racket can make you a smash champion or control master.

Look at the never-ending permutations of Yonex for instance. And every year 'new breakthrough technology' renders your old racket virtually obsolete ;) ha...ha...ha.

Also, they've upped the price to £200-£300 for something that has an intrinsic value of around £50 at very most. But people buy into it - literally.