Are they really worth their price?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Thomas, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Thomas

Thomas Guest

Let's here from all of you die-hard Yonex fans. Share your honest opinion of the prices of the Yonex rackets, taking into consideration of their reliability, durability, quality, performance and compare with other brands.

2. Thomas

Thomas Guest

opps!..typo error! Sentence should read..."Let's hear...." Not here...

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I don't really care. Whatever the price is, I pay for it. I have no complaints. The rackets are the best quality you can find and warranty is another good thing. I got myself and Ti-10 and MP100. I'm considering to buy another racket too!

4. Don

Don Regular Member

For people that can afford it then why not. It's like saying if I can afford a BMW then why not buy one instead of a chevette. You're only young once. I prefer yonex over anything else because I've had excellent experience with yonex's especially with the warranty in Canada believe or not. I do find it a little pricey, but what do you expect with quality and a name you can trust.

5. viper

viper Guest

Avoid Yonex rackets and shoe if you can.
    For myself, I broke two Ti-8 rackets, within half a years. Now, no way I'm buying a yonex rackets. Pleasently I'm using Kason Super TSF Glory 99Ti. A well balance racket and the weight is 4U. Have been using for over a year still happy with it.Cost about a hundred Singapore Dollars. If you talk about pricing Yonex is on the high side, and you don't get worth of money. Carlton have good rackets also eg. Airblade series. Their top of the ranges rackets are prices at S$95-S$120. I think is quite reasonable.
    Yonex shoe are not lasting also. I bought a pair of SHB-80,
    The rubber base came out just after three nights of playing. Sent it back to the shop for exchange. And the new one is also the same. Now I using Mizuno shoe. Price is about the same and have wearing it for half a year still looking good.

6. jenny

jenny Guest

I love yonex products! the rackets are so high quality so I really recommend yonex for everyone! and when you become a good player you don`t have to pay anything for yonex products if you get it`s sponsor..(I don`t know your ages..) I have 4 yonex isometric swingpower 900long rackets and they are very good rackets!! No matter what they cost I will always buy yonex rackets&stuff...

7. Thomas

Thomas Guest

I grew up with Yonex and a loyalist for the last 20 years of playing and I still have a few of them with me. But recently I made a change to YANG YANG rackets. The reason is simply I don't want to pay for the brand but quality at the right price. Well, those who can afford the high end Yonex, go for it if your pocket doesn't burn a hole. But as for me for the price of a MP100, I am enjoying myself with two to three top performer YANG YANG rackets without fearing of breaking them.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    even with all the hoopla and market hypes, ti-10 and mp100 are still well made badminton racquets in the market even though expensive. ( carlton too makes good racket but i haven't examine them lately). I meant well made as compare to what's out there and not the best what yonex can do. However, i can't say good things about ti8 and lower ti mesh rackets, they are expensive yet poorly made. I have examine enough and seen enough incidents to make these statements