Arcsaver 11 Pro - 3U or 4U for doubles?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by London_Player, Mar 11, 2024.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Hi folks,
    Wondering which version to get for doubles play only is it 4U lighter version better to play with especially for all round play considering it’s a lighter racket or does the heavier 3U version has more power and punch when smashing or clearing.

your thoughts, please.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its hard to answer. Different person had different preference, so its only you yourself could answer it.

Just consider this:
    Heavier is more powerfull yet slower.
    Lighter is more faster yet weaker.
    How much the different? Not by much actually.

Woesi likes this.
  3. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

As Budi said,

Preference is completely up to you. Why not you try out both weight classes and see which one you prefer more. During the last olympics, Liu yu chen used the Nanoflare 800lt which is a 5u racket, which is very unconventional for pro players to even consider. But it doesnt mean everyone who uses a 5U racket can instantly make us a Olympic Silver Medalist

4. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

*Li Junhui. He also previously used the Turbo Charging 70i (5u)

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    What did you use before?

i used to use ZF2 3U. Then 88D pro 3U. Realised 3U was a bit hard for doubles and changed to 88D pro 4U.

The conversion to 4U was quite difficult and felt very different. Now suddenly I have changed again to Arcsaber 7 pro 4U because it came free :)

Arcsaber 7 Pro is again different and quite often my swing is too fast resulting in mishits, especially overheads.

If you were used to 3U before, conversion to 4U might be quite difficult. The difference between 3U and 4U is big enough to regard the racquets as completely different

6. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Thanks guys. I'm going with 4U.

SaxoProf, pootisfoib and Cheung like this.
  7. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

How much time does it take on an average to get used to a new weight racquet?

I have used AS 7 Play version and it was bit more headlight in addition to being 4u.
    I exchanged that with someone's AS11 Play which is more balanced so gives me more power from rear court.

The shaft stiffness is also different on 88D & AS7 rite ?
    So that's another factor affecting the swing?

People also claim that light racquets would result in elbow injuries etc. Personally I haven't experienced any such issues.

8. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    depends per person, i used a 88s pro 3U for 6 months, never got used to it with the extra strain on my arm. as for elbow injuries with light rackets; if you are trying to get more power without proper technique its likely you could injure ur elbow

dnewguy and Cheung like this.
  9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Anything that is to much or to less is bad.
    To light makes us struggle to swing way more faster yet to heavy strain our muscle to withstand the heaviness.

Now that each person had their own unique body build. Some is power oriented while some other is speed oriented. Like my body who always welcome any extra weight yet i would stress my body more if i had to swing more & more faster with light weight racket.

dnewguy likes this.