Arcsaber 10 vs Armortec 900p vs Armortec 700 vs Nanospeed 9000x

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WalzY, Dec 6, 2008.

1. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    AT700 definitely work best as a singles racket even though it is categorized as a doubles racket. I do use this racket in doubles as well. Powerful drive and smashes, super sharp drops, delicate netshots, the light touches, it EXCELS! The only negative point about this racket is slower defence due to the head heavy design.

There's slight difference between AT700, AT900P and AT900T. AT900P and AT900T I m quite sure most of you know what the difference is. AT700 have a longer shaft and AT900x have a longer handle. I don't know whether it makes any difference but the extra stiff on AT700 sure makes a BIG difference for me that is.

Getting used to the AT700 even enabled me to have an even faster swing speed with my Cab21SP. Heavier and stiffer AT700 trains and makes my arm even stronger. The only thing I m worrying is that I might snap off my wrist with the AT700. :eek:

Oh yeah last thing enjoy the experience when the racket becomes "your arm". Its like driving a powerful car at high speed with the adrenalin rushing non stop. Its like you won't want to stop stepping on the accelerator. :D:D

2. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    ok you have convinced me)) AT700 the best :D
    funny, with my level playing I will not feel any difference between any AT, but still it's important:rolleyes:

but concretically: which tension, grip size, weight and so on suit to this racket? I have a pretty big hand

#42 dassad, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

The AT700 is an arm extension. :p

That all depends on the user..

4. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Yup once used to it, it is really an extension of your whole arm made of carbon, titanium, ultimum ti and whatever that is used to make that racket. :p

Most probably you are very strong physically that's why you don't feel the difference. For puny size guys like me its makes a big difference. :eek:

Yeah the tension, grip size and weight really depends on the user. Size of hand does not really matter? :p

5. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

I say buy the AT900P becuz is overrall has the best, it has plenty of power, but is good for other things too, At700 is better for offensive play, but you must have good control to do anything else, At900P as slightly less power but still good, basically At900 overall is better for play, and great for power

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    In my opinion, armotec 700 old color is the best ever smashing racket & stiffest of all , yonex ever produce!

7. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL

Regarding the Peter Gade part, im pretty sure he switched from armortec700 to arc10 for marketing (heck, he even did the commercial vid thing.) I believe he likes the AT700 better cuz in his practices and even in the small games he plays (like the one on youtube against "kendrick lee" -the 9 min one) he uses the AT700.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What 9 min. video is that? I can only find the 5 min. one which was shot before the Arc10 was even out ...

9. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    Oh i think it got removed- soz!

10. aheron147

aheron147 Regular Member

Exchange Administrator
    Whats the best racquet? Head Heavy or Headlight Stiff or medium flex ? Shall we go ON

Arc 10 - AT900P AT900T - NS9000, NS9900 -
    ALL i want to say is this... Technique - Footwork - Technique - Footwork. Practice Practice Practice..

Get Someone to feed you 1000 Yes i said 1000 Shuttles and use a tennis racquet to smash them straight or cross to targets (This includes Jump smashes) (old shuttle tubes will do) your choice....

This will practice your footwork and ur coach should ensure you are using the right technique. (BTW you technique will get sorted out by smashing with a heavy racquet (Sharpish)- it has too or your arm will drop off - Literally). You will learn timing, taking the shuttle early, or getting behind the birdie - it will push ur fitness to its limits repetition, repetition,repetition. Once you have done all this.. Take a break have a drink.. chill for 5...or even 10.... THEN... pick up any of those racquets and try smashing then you will be able to tell the differences.
    1) you will smash like a bullet.
    2) you will have a better feel for each racquets capabilities.
    3) it would help if your racquets were strung around 25 - 27lbs (but this is not a neccessity.
    4) Look at rafa nadals forearms or federers. any co-incidence i dont think so.. even though technique is everything in badminton if you can get that technique right and do a little work on your swing, your finger tightening, and your basic grip and a little arm strenghening exercises with your tennis racquet you will find you will start to develop a smash that gets your opponents attention...

and youll be able to smash with a broom.

Lastly i was just at the worlds in paris and almost courtside so i saw and recorded in detailhow the pro's do it on the swing rotation rotation rotation and im talking 180 degree body rotation from side on position to hitting and moving forward at the same time. ( If u understand this then your decision will be easy... and before you ask i use arc 10 I have 4 (inc 1 Peter Gade)1 8DX - 1 Z slash 1 Arc 7 and an AT800Off which i absolutely adore and bring out on special occasions.. I also have 1 babolat full size tennis racquet which my coach get me to use on defense and smashing before i pick up any of thoses racquets mentioned.

anyway bye bye dont want to waffle..

aheron147 (Coach & Player)

11. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i wonder for a great offensive racket, not a single person here mention about YY z slash...

12. aheron147

aheron147 Regular Member

Exchange Administrator
    Z Slash

Z slash is a fantastic offensive racquet .. The smaller head size means you have to be on your a game.. However dont make to big adeal with this.. If you start with a tennis racquet in practice warm up properly when you pick up the Z slash it will feel light as a feather and will produce tremendous power. ( I can testify to this) but it's just that i got used to the arc 10. Using it for 3 years... Z slash in the bag from last year used occassionally but with no complaints...