Apacs vs Victor vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ssj100, May 3, 2011.

1. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    when its compared with my APACS edgesaber... its a little diffrent... i feel that the arc 10 is a little more head heavy than the edge 10.... my level of play is intermediate and im not a good and powerfull smasher and my playing style is by speed and stamina...

I fell like getting a Victor BS10

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Not a great example, because with speakers, the specs truly do convert (scientifically) to "better" sound output. Also, human bias and variability doesn't play a role here. Not that I know a lot about super high-end speakers!

For badminton rackets, does the specs (or apparent "technological advancements") truly convert to "better" player performance? It's much harder to prove this, particularly with rackets released within about 5 years of each other.

3. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

U certainly cant be sure bout that. There are a lot of racquets with their own technology like carlton , yonex ,victor , the reason why we have threads like this because we would want a user review on it so then we can buy and try it ourself. If we cant afford, try finding a friend who has one and u can try it out urself on court. That's the best way to discover ssj, good racquets like VT80, I have it, I felt it is good and the power in it is like a beast but the it is not that easy to handle, u got to have strong wrist and arms to be able to use it. Take it like a big muscle warrior using a big and long sword, u cant be asking a small size warrior to carry a sword that is the length of his height right ?

My advice to you is that, if u got a chance, try the racquet out urself. Some racquets requires more time to adapt, some have instant adaptation. I believe u are in the midst of wanting to get a high end racquet, and I know because I was like that when i wanted the VT80 myself, and I did not have the chance to try it out first, none of my friends have high end racquets.

So, it is either find the racquet to try it out urself, or u have to spend ur money on the racquet u think is gonna suit u. User reviews are good but somehow, they are suitable according to their own opinion, u might not have the same strength, feeling, technique like they do. So in the end of the day, it is still up to u.

Lastly I would like to conclude, I did not read the whole thread but I know u said T200 / Lethal 60/70 is doing good for u. Seriously, if it is doing good, stay with it. High end racquet doesnt make u a pro, good racquet that gives u good feel and performance do. Learn the techniques, improve it, as u go higher level, and u think u deserve something better, try a more powerful racquet like VT80. Or any other good reviewed racquet. Read user opinions on it, try to get what is required to play well with it eg: strength, technique, stamina then u can decide which one to get.

Really hope my opinion here helps u. Good day mate.

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Thanks for the post and the insightful comments avengers88. I have owned and used several high-end Yonex rackets released in the last few years, and they have been great. A friend of mine (advanced level player with probably one of the most powerful smashes I've seen in real life) tried to convert me to apacs about 2 years ago. I was highly skeptical and initially, stayed with my Yonex high-end rackets. He kept raving on about his apacs discovery and claimed that apacs were just as good as Yonex, if not better. I've always known that racket technique and footwork are by far the most important aspects of badminton, and obviously knew that he was a better player than me mostly because of this.

Eventually he convinced me to try his apacs rackets. I tried several, and they all seemed very nice to play with. Then I tested the Lethal 60 and I immediately liked it. I then bought the Lethal 60 and my expensive Yonex rackets with "advanced technology" stayed in my bag and eventually got sold or handed down.

Since then, I have been very cautious with expensive rackets. Anyway, I think you sum it up well with your initial comment:

Indeed, none of us really can without trying it out. I made a few comments in the SW35 thread that went along these lines:
    The VT80/MX80/SW35 all apparently have potentially good power (which makes sense, since they are all stiff and head heavy). I think as long as the racket is relatively head heavy and stiff, it will always be potentially able to produce massive power. Some people may be able to adapt/improve their skills to achieve this, while others won't. Those who do achieve this get excited and post on forums like this, while those who don't simply stay quiet etc.

I think as long as a racket is head heavy and stiff (and made in the same "era" as other comparable rackets), it will always be potentially able to produce just as much power as any other. People will always get different average powers. An intermediate player who claims he has an "incredibly powerful" smash with the VT80 could come and play with me and I may find that his smashes are significantly slower than my Uncle's who uses a 1990 racket he made himself.

Anyway, I think I'll wait until the next generation of rackets comes out (VT90/100?). Perhaps by then, advances in technology will be (even more) significant.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I really don't know what's the point of this thread. If you trying to convince yourself that apacs is as good as YY or victor then there is already "apacs fans club" where you can praise your apacs as much as you want. If you truly want an opinion here it is: YY and Victor are better that apacs, full stop. Regardless of your moon smashing friend had to say, each of us have different opinion. Which one you would listen is also up to you. And please don't say that you want to wait for VT100 to be released cos by that time apacs rackets will also gets better, so the gap may remains the same. Sorry just don't make sense to me, in fact I don't know what the am I writing this waste of time post either way I'm out of here.

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, you have missed the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to give opinions and experiences. I have given mine with a lot of justification and with as much objectivity as possible. I read all posts and respect and appreciate them fully. I would expect others to do the same.

What's with the negative, aggressive and bitter tone? Again, we are all stating opinions. At least 2 or 3 posters in this thread are fully convinced that Yonex and Victor are "better" than apacs. However, in my opinion, the justifications used don't really convince me. As I said, I have had first-hand and personal experience with many high-end Yonex rackets. I haven't just borrowed Yonex rackets from "a friend" "once or twice".

Yes indeed. And I know many many well informed people who say apacs rackets perform just as well or better than high-end Yonex rackets. Most of these people are significantly better players than me (advanced/national level) and have owned and played with dozens of high-end Yonex, Victor and apacs rackets. In fact, I have never heard of anyone saying that Yonex/Victor perform better than apacs until I came to these forums. This is why I was intrigued, and wanted to seek further (objective and justified) opinions.
    In my opinion, your bias is obvious here. You are assuming that the gap (if there is any) will always remain the same. What is wrong with waiting for newer "technology" to come out and save money in the mean time? If that doesn't make sense to you, then I suppose you are wasting your time here. Thanks for your input anyway.

7. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I need a racket just to smash, get points and not get tired. FYI: I do not like the feel of racket vibration.
    I am confused. I am an intermediate player. Which one I should buy?

AT900P $169 (3U) LCW
    AT900P $220 (4U)
    Wilson Recon Blx $90
    NS9000X $189
    or some other rackets? VT ?

Thanks!

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Victor MX80 looks good, many people said it pack of punch and not too demanding

9. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

'what you had for lunch' - I LIKE THAT: this is the most important factor me!

#69 sxg2009, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yesterday after my badminton session, I was having a chat with a advanced/national level player (who recently won the "plate" singles championship) about badminton rackets. I noted that he owned a Yonex ARCSABER 10. I asked him what he thought of the Voltric 80 etc. To my surprise, he had never even heard of it! It really made me feel a bit silly, as here I was, an intermediate-advanced level player (who would be lucky to get double digits against him in a singles match) apparently caring more about rackets than him.

He went on to say that he didn't really care much about the latest rackets and that he just used whatever felt good to him. Anyway, we had a couple of games of doubles/mixed doubles against each other. His reflex drives were really excellent and his smashes were rockets when he got them going. Pleasingly for me, my Tantrum 300 was also delivering thunder bolts that he failed to return.

Anyway, here was another top player who (apparently) didn't care about "Apacs vs Victor vs Yonex" and focused more on technique - not fun at all to talk to hehe!

11. elbowtko

elbowtko Regular Member

You have all three rackets from Apacs that I was considering. I currently own a VH 1800, but was thinking of getting either a tantrum 300 or Lethal 70.

I am thinking of the tantrum 300 because the shaft is not as stiff as the lethal 70 (more like the VH 1800). How would you compare the balance between the VH 1800 and the tantrum 300 vs lethal 70?

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Lethal 70 is slightly more head heavy than the Tantrum 300. I own and enjoy using both.

13. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

So how exactly do the MX80 compared with the T300, I am looking for a racket to switch
    I am more into the T300 but still considering other rackets, Mx80 is one of my alternative
    Can anyone give me our opinions?

14. adib 1492

adib 1492 Regular Member

did anyone had heard about FLEET VOLITANT 85 ?
    this racket paint job is 100% similar to yonex voltric 80..
    want to buy it this evening ..

15. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Gosh, this is one hot thread. I have a lethal 90 and I really like it. Its fast, kinda powerful but I feel there is something missing. Just doesnt feel special. Now i have used a VT80 and I nearly destroyed my shoulder after one game. The racquet was great but I wasnt good enough and I couldn't justify getting one. Now I am thinkingof buying an MX80 which I tried a little and I felt it had what apacs was missing (dont ask me what cos i have no idea). So as I see it, Yonex have great racquets, I am not good enough for them. Apacs racquets are brilliant for their price but they aren't quite up there with Yonex. Victor as far as I can tell are equal to yonex with a slightly lower price tag and should be treated accordingly. This is my opinion so don't ask me to explain it. It is just how I feel. Capiche?

16. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    VT 80 head is heavier than SW 35. Hence, it should generate more powerful smashes.

17. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    Hi guys,

Comparison between Yonex head heavy racquets
    Please advise which are correct.

Head Heavy : AT700>VT80>AT900P or AT700>AT900P>VT80 or VT80>AT700>AT900P

18. Parvanator.k

Parvanator.k Regular Member

School Boy
    Have u seen Finapi 88 Apacs. Very similar paint job to yonex voltric 80. I have it and it is very good in all aspects of play. The main improvement was net play and clears with this racket compared to edgesaber Z Slayer Black.

19. Parvanator.k

School Boy
    For Apacs you also have:

Edgesaber Z Slayer
    Finapi 77/88
    Stern 330
    Lethal 90

20. Parvanator.k

School Boy
    Do you live in Mumbai!
    If you do then you must have heard of the brand Dayal
    Visit the website: dayalssports.com
    They have loads of good shuttles shoes and rackets.
    I personally prefer Dayal shuttles to Yonex ones, they are also much cheaper.