Any clubs or groups near Ealing Broadway??!! I badly need to play!!!

Discussion in 'UK' started by curiousbug, Sep 19, 2006.

1. curiousbug

curiousbug New Member

IT Training Co-ordinator
    I'm from Malaysia, usually play doubles, sometimes I play single as well, and have been playing for the last 5 years. Not a professional, but loves the game so much. Havent been playing for the last 8 months. So I badly need to play!! I've got so much energy to release, and I'm dying to start playing!!!

Please, anyone living near Ealing Broadway, do you know any clubs where I can start playing immediately?

And also, are there any groups of inter-mediate players who are looking for an extra member? I promise you wont regret having me in your group.

On Saturday and Sunday, I don't mind travelling a little further, but on weekdays, since I finish work at 6pm, I'd prefer to play near where I stay, that is Ealing Broadway.

2. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Depends if your willing to travel.

Nearest one to you is probably Old Actonians (think they only have one court)

"Ealing Falcons", "Ealing Saints" & "West Five" all play at Hanwell commnity center.

HAve a look at the BAoE website for details.

3. curiousbug

curiousbug New Member

IT Training Co-ordinator
    Hanwell Community Centre

I just found out (thanks to maps on the net) that Hanwell Community Centre is one bus away from my home. And I read exciting reviews about the badminton activities here.

Please, can I a have friendly match with any groups playing here? Even better if I could join any of your group for regular sessions.

4. west_five

west_five New Member

West Five at Hanwell

Hi Curious,

You are most welcome to join us (West Five) on Mondays (8-10pm).

Please refer to the thread below:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35753

From Ealing Broadway E1 takes you very close to Hanwell Community Center. You can call me (0795 739 2289) or Mike (
    [FONT=Monaco, Courier New]01923 222015)

See you soon. Thanks,
    Nishant for West Five

[/FONT]

5. curiousbug

curiousbug New Member

IT Training Co-ordinator
    I had to move.

Due to some domestic problems at home, which did not find any solutions, I was forced to move away from Ealing Broadway, and I now live at Notting Hill Gate. Considering the distance, I believe its going to be difficult for me to go all d way to Hanwell Community Center.

The good news I found a sports club near here where they play badminton as well. And I went there last weekend, and I'm very happy to finally play a few games. :)

Thanks Nishant for your reply. May be we shall meet in some competition some day. Cheers mate. And thanks everyone for your responses.